Compiling blender SVN with ffmpeg

Hi everyone,

I’ve juste started trying to compile my own blender svn builds under Ubuntu Studio. It works fine with scons, except when I try to add ffmpeg support. The build is then interrupted with the message “scons: building terminated because of errors.”

The only actual error messages I get are :

extern/ffmpeg/libavcodec/cabac.h:525: error: PIC register ‘%ebx’ clobbered in ‘asm’
extern/ffmpeg/libavcodec/cabac.h: In function ‘decode_cabac_residual’:
extern/ffmpeg/libavcodec/cabac.h:525: error: PIC register ‘%ebx’ clobbered in ‘asm’
extern/ffmpeg/libavcodec/cabac.h:741: error: PIC register ‘%ebx’ clobbered in ‘asm’
extern/ffmpeg/libavcodec/cabac.h:692: error: PIC register ‘%ebx’ clobbered in ‘asm’
extern/ffmpeg/libavcodec/cabac.h: In function ‘decode_cabac_mb_mvd’:
scons: *** [/home/hugh/compil/blender/build/linux2/extern/ffmpeg/libavcodec/h264.o] Error 1

But I also get dozens of warnings. I followed exactly the instructions I found on various websites and forums (I simply modified the user-config.py file to allow ffmpeg integration), and I have an up to date source.

I can’t figure out what the problem is… Could anyone give it a try ?

I am having the same problem …I got it to compile by removing the -fPIC compiler flags( after some googling about compiling ffmpeg ) in my user-config.py. but then loading a video file to the SE locks up the computer for a couple of minutes and then I get a black image and a “pixel format conversion not handled” error in my terminal…

yea I am getting the same error. Have noticed atleast 6 revs since last night. That is why it is called svn build and not a stable build.

Panzer

i have the same problem … any solve ?