Compiling BPlayer for Angström Linux, ARM CPU; help me pls.

Hi!

I was hoping someone would build the Blender Player to be able to run on the Pandora Openhandheld (Linux OS, ARM Cortex-A8, PowerVR SGX OpenGL 2.0 ES --> http://wiki.openpandora.org/), but nobody is interested or has the time atm.

So I would like to try for myself. Could you please help me with this errand, as I have never build any program before.

What I did so far:
I set up my Pandora to have a standard dev environment with these packages:

libsdl-1.2-dev libsdl-image-1.2-dev libsdl-gfx-dev libsdl-net-1.2-dev libsdl-ttf-2.0-dev libgles-omap3-dev
gcc gcc-symlinks make binutils-dev cpp cpp-symlinks g++ g++-symlinks libstdc++-dev

Than, I installed subversion and checked out https://svn.blender.org/svnroot/bf-blender/branches/blender2.4/

As I actually just want the Blender Player but not necessarily the complete Blender, I edited the user-config.py file to exclude everything that I thought isn’t necessary.

So my user-config.py looks like this:

BF_OPENAL_LIB = 'openal alut'
WITH_BF_OPENAL = False
WITH_BF_STATICOPENAL = False

WITH_BF_OPENEXR = False
WITH_BF_STATICOPENEXR = False

WITH_BF_DDS = False

WITH_BF_JPEG = False
WITH_BF_PNG = False
WITH_BF_ZLIB = False

WITH_BF_INTERNATIONAL = False

WITH_BF_FTGL = False
WITH_BF_GAMEENGINE = True
WITH_BF_PLAYER = True

WITH_BF_ODE = False
WITH_BF_BULLET = True

WITH_BF_YAFRAY = False

WITH_BF_BINRELOC = False

WITH_BF_FFMPEG = False  # -DWITH_FFMPEG
# enable ogg, vorbis and theora in ffmpeg
WITH_BF_OGG = False  # -DWITH_OGG 
AWITH_BF_OPENJPEG = False

Of course, I get an error message as soon as I start compiling with ‘python scons/scons.py’:

dev-openpandora:/blender-svn/blender# python scons/scons.py
scons: Reading SConscript files ...
/blender-svn/blender/scons/scons-local-1.1.0/SCons/Platform/posix.py:38: DeprecationWarning: The popen2 module is deprecated.  Use the subprocess module.
  import popen2
/blender-svn/blender/scons/scons-local-1.1.0/SCons/Tool/msvs.py:37: DeprecationWarning: the md5 module is deprecated; use hashlib instead
  import md5
Command-line arguments
    No  command-line arguments given
Command-line targets
    No targets given, using default
Using config file: config/linux2-config.py
Using user-config file: user-config.py
ImportError: No module named platform:
  File "/blender-svn/blender/SConstruct", line 173:
    opts.Update(env)
  File "/blender-svn/blender/scons/scons-local-1.1.0/SCons/Variables/__init__.py", line 169:
    execfile(filename, {}, values)
  File "config/linux2-config.py", line 16:
    BF_PYTHON_VERSION = py_version_string()
  File "config/linux2-config.py", line 11:
    import platform

And that’s where I could really need some help. What is the problem and how do I fix it?

Thanks for your support!

ah ok, maybe there is a problem with a full python install. Will retry and post results!

Edit: Omg, there are so many python packages.–> http://www.angstrom-distribution.org/repo/
which one is missing/ do I need??!?

sorry to say that but I think there is realy no chance you could compile BPlayer on the OMAP3 … there is no support for OpenGL 2.0 but only for OpenGL2.0 ES, which is not the same.
you’d better try with the new Gamekit that I could compile for the beagleboard some times ago (not retried since, but it should work with the irlicht engine base)

hope it helps, even if not in the sense you asked for …

thx for the info Olm-Z. The only downside with gamekit, as I understand, is that you cannot just play any .blend file that would work in blender player, right?
Logic bricks and python scripts are not handled correctly (, yet)?