Compiling in Eclipse with Cygwin - makesdna problem

Hi all,

I decided I’d attempt to compile Blender in Eclipse, using Cygwin. I’ve built it before in MVC++ EE but I’m more used to Eclipse and having attempted to compile it there a long time ago and failing I decided it was time to retry it.

I’ve got past a couple of barriers (such as having to set Cygwin to use DOS-style EOL characters and so on) but the most recent one seems a bit trickier (possibly - it involves makesdna and I’ve only ever heard that it’s a really tricky part of the source to get your head around!).

Here’s where it gets to:

====> make all in source/blender/makesdna/intern
gcc -mwindows -mno-cygwin -o /cygdrive/f/Blender/blender/obj/windows/blender/makesdna/makesdna /cygdrive/f/Blender/blender/obj/windows/blender/makesdna/makesdna.o /cygdrive/f/Blender/blender/obj/windows/blender/makesdna/padding.o \
/cygdrive/f/Blender/blender/../lib/windows/guardedalloc/lib/libguardedalloc.a 
/cygdrive/f/Blender/blender/obj/windows/blender/makesdna/padding.o:padding.c:(.text+0x0): multiple definition of `_main'
/cygdrive/f/Blender/blender/obj/windows/blender/makesdna/makesdna.o:makesdna.c:(.text+0x1b30): first defined here
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[4]: *** [/cygdrive/f/Blender/blender/obj/windows/blender/makesdna/makesdna] Error 1
make[3]: *** [all] Error 1
make[2]: *** [all] Error 1
make[1]: *** [all] Error 1
make: *** [all] Error 1

If it makes any difference, this is the particles branch that I’m trying to compile.

Any ideas? All help appreciated! :smiley: