[COMPLETED] -Tears of Steel | Make a splash in Amsterdam

Now I Will sculpt the cliff and texture it :

Update:

2 Likes

My idea is to make the whole 3d scene lie on a statue stand of some sort. So when people zoom out in sketchfab , this whole scene will appear as it was meant to be a statue.

1 Like

Any tips or feedback or advice would be greatly appreciated . Thanks

Did some texture paint for Celsia’s face and hair. Added some patch pattern on the quadbot as well.

1 Like
  • I will now add two Rogue Quadbots (the bad guys) on the cliff who are secretly watching both of them .

Also I think it would be better if I add in a travel bag and an used bonfire lying on the ground to imply that they were staying there before falling asleep

1 Like

Added some sun rays(this was my first attempt at making opacity maps)

1 Like

Cleaned the model somewhat. Adding them on the cliff!

ok I am scared now- My file is already at 92mb size and I have yet to add a bonfire area and a backpack.
Screenshot 2022-09-14 211817

What should I do now? :sob:

1 Like

I think, if I were you, I’d perfect getting what you already have uploaded to Sketchfab (uploading to Sketchfab can have some unexpected complications), and then if you still have time before the deadline, adding more to the scene :slight_smile: Prioritize the presentation of what you already have, and then worry about adding more once you’ve got a nice solid entry up on SketchFab

1 Like

You are so right ! I will do just that. Thank you so much for the advice !

1 Like

Since the original splash screen featuring the Quadbot was from the movie “Tears of Steel”, I have decided to call my entry “A friendship of Steel”.

1 Like

Uploaded to Sketchfab :
Will add a proper description and annotations now.

3 Likes

Although I have uploaded my scene to sketchfab, I am now going to draw Celsia(the girl)'s parents picture floating on the hologram.

Also as you can see below, The Sketchfab version doesn't have the lighting as my blend file so it doesn't look the same :(

Wish it looked exactly the same as my blend file ! Hope Sketchfab improves this in the future.

Just updated my documentation with backstory of my final scene. Check it out by going to the very top of the screen .

Hey! Just a quick reminder that there’s now less than 12 ours remaining to wrap up your challenge entry - submissions close at 2022-09-15T21:59:00Z, GMT+1 (click on the link for some international times).

If you haven’t done so already, please review this post which contains some essential information for preparing your submission.

At the very least, upload your work to Sketchfab as soon as possible and add the #bcon22challenge tag.

It’s also a good idea to add a link to your WIP topic in the description of your Sketchfab model so we can easily find it.

I’ll also keep a close eye on the FAQ topic today, so if you have any issues or questions please post it there as soon as possible.

Good luck!

Completed!

1 Like

Took this render from Sketchfab Screenshot tool :

Also added her mom and dad's picture in the hologram to show that Celsia is missing them a lot.

1 Like

And I just spent over an hour making and writing annotations in my SketchFab scene. I tried to tell and describe a bit of a story for my scene. Check it out on my sketchfab page . Hope you enjoy reading it!

6 Likes
                                     THE END 

And so, finally, here we are ! This is my last entry and log for this challenge . I loved participating in this challenge and even if I don't win any place , Its fine since I learned a lot while trying to make my vision into a fully fledged 3d scene.

I got to learn texture baking, rigging, managing complex environments , learnt how to optimize my scene and various stuff that I had to deal and all of that stuff on my i3 laptop haha! Though my laptop limited me a lot while trying to make my scene , it still did the job and I am happy with the result I was able to pull off with it.

Loved watching other’s journey as well and I also learnt how to document your progress from some of my fellow participants too. And that’s all I wanted to say! Good luck to me and to everyone! fingers crossed

3 Likes