Complex Rendering

Hello um, I have a little problem well I have created 2 characters with realistic colored hair. and I want to render them out for the 2nd short film I’m working on. but whenever I tried to render them out, its somehow eats up all of the memory of my computer so fast I have to cancel it or quit the software the number of hair particles I have in the 2 is 2500 the reason is because I wanted my short film to be realistic as possible with detailed everything. I have seen other blender users with detailed work with success but mine though I’m scared it will crash everything and I have to start over again. here’s what the final result is supposed to look like.

How do I manage to render complex anything like this with twice as much detailed anything such as hair and many more without the system crashing or eating up all of the memory?

What are your system specs and are you using CPU or GPU rendering? How many child hairs are being used per each strand?

well, I’m using a Mac Mini (2018) with an Intel Core i3 CPU with an Intel UHD Graphics 630 card. and there are 2500 hair particles in both characters.

So you’re saying that you have 2500 hairs a piece, but no child hairs. Usually if you use child hairs there will be an additional 100 per strand, which would mean 250,000 per character, still the memory footprint shouldn’t be that large. You have 8GB, correct?

Well I do have Child hairs and for my computer i have a 128gb flash storage but I also have a external harddrive with a 4tb of storage. So yeah

More interesting in this regard is RAM. Memory not storage.