Composite Animation Video Funky

Hey guys, weird stuff is going on that I can’t really figure out. I’m working on this animation, it’s just a car driving down a road in an empty white world. I’m using composite nodes to speed up the renders, with the road and tires on one scene and the car and character on another. Watching my video render, everything looks normal. Do Composite is enabled, nodes are enabled, and the individual images are rendering fine. But, when I go to play back the video, it is all funky. It’s split diagonally across the middle, and it looks like two halves of the video are playing at the same time, but distorted and separate instead of mixed together… It’s kind of hard to explain. But I’ve tried several different codecs, resolutions, and nothing is working… Anyone know what’s going on?

can you post the blend?

make sure Fields is off

sorry I never got back to you guys. Thanks for trying to help, I ended up just rendering to stills and making them a sequence in after effects. I had to finish the project really fast and i’ve lost the .blend now so I’ll have to try to duplicate the problem sometime…

I just encountered a similar problem. My customer reports that the animation flickers in Adobe Premiere. I also rendered two scenes with “Fields” and “Odd” on (because it will import to a DV-Project). Then compositing with Blenders Compositor (simple Alpha Over). On my computer screen it looks ok, in Premiere it flickers.

I think the compositor has problems with interlaced material. Need to do more research.

At the Moment I am rendering both scenes seperately.

Carsten

Render it out progressive (without fields / interlacing) and import it into After Effects as progressive and get a converter for progressive - --> interlaced - post production - you’ll save your quality doing so.
It will also be less of a headache

there’s one way, i’m sure there are more if you google “convert progressive to interlaced” with product X
as far as "rendering funky " you should probably make sure the fields are off and that your output is in a compatible format.

But doing so will halve the time resolution. The trick rendering in fields for TV is that in every frame there is a movement, so the fields are not the same (as they are when you “interlace” a progressive image).

(However you can always render with double fps and half y resolution “progressive” and then convert to interlace, but thats quite an effort)

Carsten