Compositing DVD now available from Lynda

Blender Essential Training

$49.95
http://store.lynda.com/ProductInfo.aspx?productid=863
with: Roger Wickes
Blender is a powerful open-source tool for 2D and 3D graphics, full-on animation, compositing, and post-production. It is used to create movies and special effects, even in HD. In [lender Essential Training, Roger Wickes offers new Blender users a thorough explanation of its interface, tools, and features. He also demonstrates practical techniques and shows how to access the online and open-content resources of this amazing tool. Specific 3D techniques covered include navigating in 3D space, using cameras and lights, and rendering. Roger demonstrates how to rig, animate, and composite a character over live action. Exercise files accompany the course.

ISBN: 1-59671-543-X
UPC: 6-70557-02801-9
SKU: 02801
Duration: 10 Hours
On 2 DVD-ROMs

Includes Closed Captions[
http://mail.google.com/mail/?ui=2&ik=b9839c901e&view=att&th=123114c15254075d&attid=0.1.1&disp=emb&zw

<ignore double post blenderartists got lag)

Hi,

Oh now I have to find a spare 10 hours to watch all 2 DVD’s. My butt is never going stop being numb, from both reading your “Foundation Blender Compositing” book and now a DVD. Though I am looking forward to the DVD.

Awesome, will be ordered right after I post this.

Well I would order it but lynda.com doesn’t seem to accept paypal. Which is not very good :frowning:

Oh well, I will have to wait for it to be stocked on paypal accepting sites.

This is ‘Blender Essentials Training’, not a compositing DVD.

heh. that’s my goal, to keep you fully immersed in Blender until it oozes out of your ears :slight_smile: You might want to shop on-line like IKEA for a better chair…I hear they deliver as well, so you wouldn’t have to leave your house… sorry about the Paypal; i will complain to Lynda. Even I take Paypal, so I don’t see why they wouldn’t.

Got a trailer?

Hi, PapaSmurf

Finally I have my copy of “Foundation Blender Compositing” and I must say WOW I didn’t expect 450 pages in full color! Thanks for your efforts, I love to see focused blender books and especially in such a complex but interesting topic.

ogbob, just go to the Lynda site, look up my course, and the first few vids are free, and are the trailer for the course.

Ach, correct!

I went to an Adobe conference like two years ago, and included in the conference fee was a free month of Lynda…I slammed as much Photoshop tutorials as I could :stuck_out_tongue:

I presume you mean this:

http://www.lynda.com/home/DisplayCourse.aspx?lpk2=740

Just a quick critique regarding which parts of this course are freely watchable online. I’m a long term Blender user and I couldn’t help but notice that the only watchable parts cater to people who know nothing about Blender. I’d like to see a couple of the more advanced lessons so I can gauge how useful this series would be to me.

[email protected], lol. seriously, you’ve been using Blender as long as I have. I gave your maps a plug in my book, pp161-165. I would think you know Blender as well as I do. It is an Essentials course, not a Mastering course. The topics pretty much cover what they say they do, at an essential level, explained in a very clear way. What the course provides overall is a complete workflow that uses all of Blender from beginning to end, not skipping over anything, and using all of Blender in an integrated way to accomplish a result.

[email protected], lol. seriously, you’ve been using Blender as long as I have. I gave your maps a plug in my book, pp161-165. I would think you know Blender as well as I do. It is an Essentials course, not a Mastering course.
I’ll wager you know a lot more about blender than I do! Did you read my book? Oh yeah, that’s right…I don’t have one :stuck_out_tongue:

In all seriousness, during my more productive time using Blender (before my epic 3 year bout of artistic block) I mainly focused on modeling, texturing and rendering…so there are a lot of areas that I could brush up on. I’m currently looking for some training material, and your dvd is looking pretty tempting right now. It looks like there is a lot of content on offer.

So do you reckon you could make a couple of the other modules available to watch online? I just want to make an informed decision.

Thanks for the plug btw!