Compositor Redraw stops?!

UV/Image window fails to redraw corectly when switching between Viewer nodes. Has anyone seen this? Also the histograme and waveform etc. fail to update.

I tried this on a simple cube scene and it works fine. But my Comp uses a HD movie clip and some simple mixing. I’m not sure how to maximise my memory usage or perhaps this a side effect of the recent nodes cacheing updates?

It seems to be interupted mid render or won’t complete the task. I have increased the tile chunks in properties from 64x64 to 1024x1024. But that doesnt solve the scopes issue. They still fail.

Oh just looked at the bug tracker and it is unsolvable, I should have mentioned that I had a sequencer window open in the background. This is not possible at the moment, it’s an either or situation between VSE and Comp.
http://projects.blender.org/tracker/?func=detail&atid=498&aid=33822&group_id=9

Error:
If while using the node compositor there is also a sequencer preview area visible, the compositor will get stuck with compositing while trying to update on node changes.

In the sample.blend simply play around with the Curves node. The Image backdrop image will only be partially on changes as long as the sequencer preview area is visible. The Problem gets more intensive with more complex nodes like blur with a big radius and disappears as soon as the top right area is changed to another type. [TABLE=“width: 80%”]

Followup[TABLE=“width: 100%”]
[TR]
[TABLE=“width: 100%”]
[TR]
[TD=“align: left”]Message

[TD=“colspan: 1”]http://blenderartists.org/themes/blender/images/clear.png

[TR=“bgcolor: #3f3f3f”]

• Date: 2013-01-11 02:17
  • Sender: Sergey Sharybin
  • Compositor now should work fine when sequencer is used in OpenGL preview. But sequencer will still kill compositor job when sequencer uses rendered preview and there’s currently no way to solve this because of internal design issues of sequencer…

Thanks for the report to, considering it’s fixed since ogl render will work fine now :slight_smile:

[/TR]
[/TABLE]
[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]