Concept art - Please Define "Me"

My last render done in Blender, with the usual post-process in Photoshop.

This time I tried to document the process a little bit, to keep track of what I did, so here is the “process” :slight_smile:

Here was the first idea I had in mind :

First light test, I didn’t like the composition though so I did it again.

I liked that one much more so I kept it, and kept working on the light and textures

Starting to add details, I wanted the cables to sort of go inside the character, but I didn’t like the top of the scene, the plants added nothing so I changed it later.

I liked that idea much more, it added more verticality, added more to the scene and matched more with the vibe I was going for. I turned a TV red to act as a rim light on the dead guy, I increased the effect on post-process to really mix and make the colors pop on him.

And as you’ve seen before, I color graded, added detail, smoke, distortion and all the good stuff in Photoshop.

I’m pretty happy with the result, I could definitly have spent more time to make it better, definitly some things to improve but nowadays i’m motivated to just do a lot of renders and experiment so I’ll just do something else, but I’m definitly open for feedbacks/opinions though !
Thanks for reading, I’ll keep documenting in my next renders because it was great to see the progress, and it makes for a more interesting topic I guess.

Cya :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Nice job! It was really interesting to see your process all the way through, especially how you got the values down first before adding any color :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks ! Thats what I try to do most of the time, but I obviously keep going back and forth as you can see, for exemple I found that the red rim light lighted up the frontground, and I liked that it allowed you to see more details, but that simple fact brightened up ( I dont know if thats the right word sorry french lol ) the whole scene, obvious but not so much, but definitly interesting :thinking:

2 Likes

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

1 Like