Concept Art: Space ship

New bit of speed concept. The green one is eevee, finished in AE and the more realistic looking colour and black and white ones are cycles finished again, in AE.

If anyone has feedback, I’m all ears. :slight_smile:

12 Likes

No feedback, as such, just here to say, great looking model :+1: :slight_smile:

1 Like

Cheers! You’re the only one who ever visits me…

1 Like

I’m still getting my feet under the table here so I feel I should be checking everything out and commenting where I feel it helps :slight_smile:

As a new member it seems that a lot of new members want to post their work and then scarper instead of hanging around a bit and contributing to the community.

I am long time member of a couple of music creation forums and it is pretty much the same there to be honest. We are what we are :smiley:

And, besides, I do find your work most interesting :wink:

cheers, and keep on Blendering, as they say around these parts :+1:

andy

2 Likes

Nice dude. Cycles is pretty good. But I must say you should have added a bit of atmosphere around the planet.

1 Like

yep, everyone is shouting ‘me me me’ whereas they should be checking out others and post a comment now and then. We are what we are indeed :wink:

2 Likes

There is some actually, just it got lost a bit in the grade.

Oops. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I should do loyalty points :wink:

1 Like

I appreciate you popping by :slight_smile:

Ooo. Just used Dream UV on the ship (the materials were all nodes originally)

Dream UV is ace!

2 Likes

What is that?

Hold on, I’ll see what Google says…

Very interesting… Not sure if I understand any of it but I have bookmarked for further investigation…

Basically you make a plane with that texture and add edge loops along the lines on the texture. Use that as a reference inside the addon and it textures your model.

1 Like

I need to get my head around textures and UV maps at some point… So much to learn and at the moment I am trying, and failing to understand some procedural node stuff

:exploding_head:

As you posted that I was just doing a really basic how to for it.

Let me know if this helps.

(Also got some basic node stuff as well)

2 Likes

Nice model!

I haven’t heard of Dream UV before. I just went and checked it out too. It looks like a really useful tool.
Do you know where suitable textures can be found that work well with the addon? Maybe I have to make them myself.

1 Like

Think you just have to make them yourself.

Thanks Paul :slight_smile:

I’ll have a look at this later and let you know how I get on.

cheers :+1:

1 Like

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

2 Likes

Congratulations on the feature @PaulWrightyThen :+1:

1 Like