Conformity-made it for school

The assignment was to take a quote from Emerson and illustrate it. Wow, what a fine time to show of my blending skills. The release of Blender 2.35 only made more exciting. So I did the assignmen, came up with what I thought was a pretty good picture, and the teacher accuses me of stealing pictures from the internet. Nothing I could say could convince her that I did in fact make it myself. Ugh, I hate my teacher. So, what was the point of this story? There wasn’t one. I just needed to vent Lol. Ok, so here’s the pic:

http://www.mygpop.net/images/conformity_1.jpg

Funny image, very toonish looking :slight_smile:

burn blender and the .blend file into a CD and give it to your teacher, while you yell at him “asshole!”. well, forget the last part, install blender in a computer of your school.

yeah, I think it would look better toon-shaded since the image is so simple.

I hate when people accuse me of not creating my work. Just because they couldn’t do it… :x

Good image, by the way!

Yeah. Nothing short of 25 witnesses, the original copy, and a voucher by God himself is good enough for some poeple. Luckily, such people are fairly rare :D.

Nice pic, gave me a chuckle :slight_smile: .

tell your teacher you can put anything at all in the scene. Put your name on a curve going between all the penguins. Great job. :slight_smile:
Ask your teacher if there is anything you could put in there to prove it was yours. Easy enough.

Nah, make a smilie with an eye patch move on the curve and replace the text with “I pirate all my homework”…

Make a caricature of her and put it in the scene. :smiley:

Nah, make a smilie with an eye patch move on the curve and replace the text with “I pirate all my homework”…[/quote]

That would be awesome. Burnnn…

Me thinks your teacher wants you to conform. It’s rude to make the Crayola kids feel bad :wink:
Seriously though, you seem to have a narrow minded teacher. I got the same accusation for a book review in high school once and got seriously pissed. You’d think a teacher would be glad to see talent in a student.

Neat picture.

:expressionless: :Z :expressionless: :expressionless: :expressionless:

Make an animation where the one with a hat opens it mouth and a lil speech bubble appears saying, “I did this shit!”

Cool render. Just change the poses of the characters for a few different renders. Add other objects to the scene, etc. I think that your teacher will get “schooled” to the power of 3d art real quick and eat his or her words.

I give you a big fat “A”.

Blend on!

Well, thanks you guys. You’re nicer than she is. I got tired of explaining to everyone else how I did it without colored pencils or anything. Yeah, she gave me the A, but I think she’s still suspicious. I hate when dumb stuff like this happens.

Maybe next time I’ll just bust out my 8-pack and draw a pretty flower or a house or something :smiley:

A- at most because of bad grammar:

The virtue in most requests is conformity. Self-reliance is its aversion. It loves not realities and creators, but names and customs.

Without the ‘s’, it doesn’t make ense. That should help convince her it was your work.

Nice idea though.

Don’t worry about teachers. They’re thick as sh*t. I spent most of my High School education correcting them/humiliating them in front of class. My geography teacher was once adamant that water contracted when it froze.

Is this what you were trying to get across? Anyway, just my grammar corrections.

The virtue in most request is conformity vs. The most requested virtue is conformity

yeah, sometimes teachers can be suspicisous. Start talking to him/her using 3d-lingo :D. Maybe they will get the point. :smiley:

For instance. (hypothetical conversation)

This took so long to render. Maybe I should have turned down the subsurfs. I wonder if it would have looked better in YafRay though. My poor computer couldn’t handle the strain of that raytracing though, so I guess I will have to settle for the unified renderer in blender. Maybe if I made background black and shone a spot light with a power of 1.2 with halo, it would have been better. Maybe raytraced shadows. Hey teacher do you want a 1024x768 render with 16OSA and 16 AO? I’ve got it, maybe more post processing! :smiley:

I think you get the point :smiley:

I bet this one is puzzled by their burst bottles of soda in the fringe. They may be wondering who is playing tricks on them by adding extra soda to their soda bottles. Hehehe.

very nice work.

if it was me I would do everything I could just to spite the teacher.

i would have the penguins dance around a flaming effegy of the teacher, with her headshot pasted onto the front of it.

now that would be fun.

Actually, about the grammar, I don’t know whether it’s correct or not. i took it straight from the book.

All of my teachers are dumb, though. My history teacher truly believed that the correct spelling of “coliseum” is “collosseum.” I tried to tell him about commonly misspelled (is that one?) words, but he wouldn’t listen. In the words of Rodney Dangerfield… I get no respect!

well, if they were to look at the greek root, it would be colloseum. and it is not even called that technically, it took the name of the statue of colossus in front of it. it was really called the Flavian Amphitheater.

and check out http://www.greatbuildings.com/buildings/Roman_Colosseum.html

you may want to check your facts before you argue though.