Congrats Dotblend!

(rndrdbrian) #1

Congrats dotblend!

Your lego X-Wing image is in this months (october 2002) issue of 3D World!

This is exactly what blender needs, to get images made using blender featured in the cg mags!

Heres the image which mentioned inthe mag

http://www.dotblend.com/_images/BIG/X_WING_LEGO_TRANSPARANT2800.jpg

3 Cheers for Dotblend!

:smiley: :smiley:

Brian

(harkyman) #2

Congrats! I love that image!

(S68) #3

Yeah!

Congrats :smiley: :smiley:

Stefano

(CurtisS) #4

Awesome!! I wonder if that fighter will shatter into a million pieces if it gets hit though… :wink:

(sten) #5

WOW :o congrat !!

But isn’t it also made in LightFlow ?

(hannibar) #6

Cool :o

Rendered in Virtualight I think

(SGT Squeaks) #7

Very Nice Job!!! :smiley:

(croxis) #8

My brother wants to know how he made it, and if/how he converted ldraw’s .dat file into something blender can read.

(blengine) #9

oh wow! lol, thats so awesome…great detail, what renderer did u use dotblend?

([email protected]) #10

Bravo:)

and congratulations,

dale

(Goofster) #11

Gefeliciteerd peter :slight_smile:

I wonder why they chose this image tho. the ship looks amazing, but the surroundings…well…suck (no offense). Was there an article about virtualight or something?

Roel

(IngieBee) #12

In a way, you are right, the background is starkly simplistic. However, if what your showing off is the model, there is no better way to show it off than to have a very plain background. Seeing as how this model is incredibly detailed, and that it’s not meant to be a realistic looking model of a fighter jet, but of a model, I think it’s appropriate.

But isn’t it funny that with art, one sees something that “works” for them while another does not? My husband and I love to go to the contemporary museum and look at the weird (hey, I think I did it right!) art, and we’d have fun with it, and we were also amazed at how some weird blotch might be something that really “touches” one of us, but not the other. (I love the contemporary museum ‘cause it’s often so funny, what artist come up with, and people’s reactions [often inappropriately pompous or darn right frightened, LOL])

I must say, though, that I think it’s an excellent model and picture.

Love Ingie

(IMProvisar) #13

I’ve always been a fan of Lego art… it’s amazing to see what someone can create with a bunch of simple blocks. I too would love to know how it was done… are there tools that let you virtually build lego models? How about Erector set peices?

Imp

(croxis) #14

IMProvider, go to www.ldraw.org and www.lugnet.com . There are converter programs that can transfer ldraw’s .dat files into other formats, such as .dxf.

(IMProvisar) #15

That’s pretty cool… thanks.

Imp

(pofo) #16

You forget they use lasers :wink: It’ll just refract (and hopefully not hit the pilot)

Awesome model dotblend

1. pofo

(beatabix) #17

check out www.spiteyourface.com and see what some people are doing with real lego. these are some old uni friends of mine, getting paid to play with lego, lucky gits.

BEAT