Congrats, ideasman!

http://lists.blender.org/pipermail/bf-committers/2010-August/028485.html

Ah, so it’s finally time for the official congratulations.

Congratulations, Campbell, and hopefully you won’t have too hard a time because of all of us feature leeches! :smiley:
(feel free to use earplug’s so as to mute us!)

extra congratz. to Janne & Nathan. *<|:}

Yes! Great! Nathan and Janne are a really awesome bonus. :smiley:

Great news!

Even though it was sad to hear of Brecht leaving - it’s still a good thing for Blender’s future development. If more Dev’s evolve into the commercial realm it further develops the entire Blender ecosystem.

Congratulations to all three of you!

Excellent, congratulations to all involved.

I know LetterRip has been trying to set-up a pay-per feature type of thing, which I think is pretty awesome. Maybe Ton and LetterRip can work together to set something up.

Also, I’d very much like if there were a consultant sort of foundation/ company officially approved by the Blender Foundation, which would help in setting up pipelines in small to medium studios, as well as with teaching and training seminars. I really think that would be a very profitable business, you pay for the education and infrastructure, but the software is completely free!!

Congratulations we appreciate all of your hard work.

Again, congrats to Campbo, he is one of those guys that gets sh!t done, and we’ve all worked with people like that, and it’s good to see him getting this spot because of it.
Blender has a pretty talented crew of vets as well as up and coming coders, as a user it’s always fun to see what happens next! Congrats to Janne and Nathan as well!

congratulations to Campbell, Nathan and Jahka! I wish you all the best for your new adventure!

Go Blender team go! Mission is not impossible! :smiley:

Congrats everyone! :smiley:

congrats to Campbo, he is one of those guys that gets sh!t done, and we’ve all worked with people like that, and it’s good to see him getting this spot because of it.
Yeah, I agree with this. Campbell is one of those that does the tough-unsexy job that very little people is really able understand and thus value.

Very little people can really measure how much effort/creativity is put in coding in general, and if someone puts all that to develop things that are even more obscure to general people, but are the things that silently make the difference, then that’s a really valuable person in the team.

All the best for him in this new position.

åwesöm! pay-for-feature!! wee.

indeed we wear shades, cuz the future is bright.

congratulations guys, great news… :yes:

looking forward to shiny blender 2.6 :smiley:

It couldn’t have happened to a nicer, more deserving guy than campbell :yes:

Exciting times indeed.

Best in the future . . . I know blender will be stronger than ever!

Yay for being awesome bonus :smiley:

/Nathan

YAY! WAaaaAAaaaavVVvveeEEeee!

Congrats to suoper team and Campbell.

make that Super Awesome™!! :smiley:

It is appreciative that Campbell does some of the long boring work that ends of making Blender 2.5 better and more robust, and great news that he’s now at a paid position that’s just during an Open Movie project.

Jahka and Nathan will be good additions to the team as well, along with whoever Letterrip is considering through the Blender network idea.