consolidate into 1?

is the “cosolidate into 1” option for textures missing in Blender 2.5?

I have an obj file which contains more than 16 materials/textures. Blender 2.4 doesnt allow more than 16. I thought I could use Blender 2.5 to consolidate the textures and assign it to a single material so I could import it in 2.4

allow me to rephrase the question:

"Is there a “Consolidate into one image” option in 2.5? Is it planned to be added if no?

I don’t know of any consolidate option. Until you figure it out, another option is baking the textures. :smiley:

How much manual work is needed for that?

Well you will have to uv map your model for this to work :slight_smile:

What do you mean “have” UV map? Do you mean modify the uv map? Or simply have an existing uv map? Because its the latter case.
A already have uv maps which use many texture files. What I want is to merge all the images into one big one and have the UVs repositioned accordingly, like the “consolidate into one” script for 2.4 did.

bump bump…

has no one ever encountered such an issue at all?

has no one ever encountered such an issue at all?

Maybe you should attach a blend file and explain exactly what you have and exactly what you want to achieve. Make it clear and concise, I wouldn’t want to spend more than 5 secs trying to figure out what you want.
I find that the better you ask a question, the better the answer you’lll get.

P.S. I don’t know about others but if someone bumps their thread without any additional infomation that would help the problem being solved, the less likely I’ll help them.

If it´s an urgent problem you can´t get answered for free. Try with paid support, better than bumping the thread up and the helpers down.

http://www.blendersupportdesk.com/

is the “cosolidate into 1” option for textures missing in Blender 2.5?

I have an obj file which contains more than 16 materials/textures. Blender 2.4 doesnt allow more than 16. I thought I could use Blender 2.5 to consolidate the textures and assign it to a single material so I could import it in 2.4

allow me to rephrase the question:

"Is there a “Consolidate into one image” option in 2.5? Is it planned to be added if no?

Can you at least tell me exactly what part you don’t understand here? maybe you just don’t know enough to answer the question? Im not being rude, really just asking. Do you know about the “consolidate into one image” option in Blender 2.4’s Image/UV Editor? Do you know what it does? if you do, Im asking if theres a similar option in 2.5. Do you need more info? Maybe I should post an image of the option if you can’t find it? Here, I found an image:

i dont know what else I can add if you dont understand it.

Second question, if there isn’t one in 2.5, is there an alternative way to achieve that without manually merging 30 images in an image editor and remake the UVs?

Hello a2084474, late answer sorry. I don’t believe ‘Consolidate into one image’ made it to 2.5…?
I suggested a workaround, baking all your textures into one image.
This requires a UV unwrap which encompasses all parts of your model, so you can bake all the textures into one.

Further information here http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Doc:Manual/Render/Bake

I can’t just unwrap all the 30 pieces manually. It requires alot of time. And I have many models like this. It sound simpler to pass it through another 3d modeller.

Well thanks for that.

But I really need to keep the old uv’s and textures, I can just consolidate them, not modify.

Actually, it seems like you can open a 16+ material obj with Blender 2.5, save it as blend and reopen it with Blender 2.4. Oddly enough, you will have more than 16 materials/textures, even though you can’t create that much from scratch with 2.4. Very weird, but very good.