Constant Brush Size?

I am using a texture as a brush, but I can’t get the brush to stay a certain size. The size is scaling as I drag my brush, but I would think it would be better to have the size constant for sculpting scales or wrinkles.

How do I keep the brush at a constant size while sculpting? :slight_smile:

pg

That feature is already there.
Just press the lock button left to the ‘radius’.

Thanks, the only setting that allows me to rotate the texture so I get a “natural” looking texture is the “Anchored” setting, “but” the anchored setting doesn’t (as far as I can tell) allow you to “Lock” the “Size” of the brush so you can get the texture to rotate naturally and still remain fixed in size.

pg

The setting you are looking for is “Unified Size and/or Strength” which can both be found in the User Preferences under “Editing”.

-Jonathan

Thanks mr_bomb. Is this a setting that is not used often, because I am wondering why it’s in “preferences” and not in the Sculpting interface?

Maybe I am doing this wrong. If you were to use a brush for reptile skin or scales would you use this setting or is there a better method to sculpting the scales so they remain fairly consistent in size?

I’d appreciate your comments on this one. :slight_smile:

pg

Personally this is a feature I never use. I like to have individual size and strength for all my brushes since their behaviors are all different. I am not quite sure why the decision was made to move it to preferences, I guess not too many people use it. Or else, if they do it’s not something that you toggle on/off too often.

-Jonathan