Content/videos removed from the channel?

Would anyone know why @Goran Milovanovic removed his videos from the YouTube channel? I went looking for a tutorial on Grab System and It’s appearing like this:

@Goran has apparently decided that BGE is too embarrassing to still be supporting, so he’s hidden all his videos like old BGE supporter @JohnnyBlack [aka John_W who than moved on to Unity] did in the past.

Yeah, recently I searched for his BGE Networking tutorial and I saw lots of his videos missing, too bad there’s no videos left in his channel now.

BornCG still has 26 Beginner Videos online…for the old 2.7x versions…
https://www.youtube.com/c/BornCG/playlists

just for those interested…

I removed the videos in an effort to lower my digital footprint, for reasons I can’t fully discuss.

I apologize to whoever was inconvenienced by this … To be honest, I didn’t expect that this community would still exist at this point, or that anyone would still care about the content in question.

PS: If there is any information on the internet that you find to be extremely useful, I would highly recommend archiving it to a reliable storage system that you directly own, and that you can effectively manage in the future.

5 Likes

upbge 0.3.0 uses eevee and is really nice - most of the old bge stuff applies except changes to python itself and some minor api changes.

(kx_meshProxy is replaced by a bpy object)

mesh = kx_object.blenderObject.data
vertex = mesh.vertices[0]
vertex.co += vertex.normal*.001

etc

so everything you had learned in the past could be applicable now.

: C Damn, that sounds rough.

I’ve wondered over the years, what they must be up to now, the people on the net that taught me so much - but I never once imagined anything scary like that : /

If it is any consolation, as far as I am concerned your channel set the bar for programming tutorials, heck even teaching in general - and as such, I am glad and honoured, to have been in some small way a student of yours.

I’m taking your recommendation to heart, and will begin archiving some things immediately.

I’m not a religious man, but if there are any gods out there, I pray they grant you safety, good fortunes and much happiness.

I just want to leave my appreciation here as well.

@Goran - although we never have been in touch - your content was always setting high bars in terms of quality and presentation.

All the best