A complete game is a long task so, why not make a contest only
with the beggining
A splash screen/animated logo contest…yeahhh

No limitations?!
Ideas?!
Comments?!
Someone to organize?!
Bye
p.s. As a prize I can offer some drawings/watercollors ( I know, no one wants them :slight_smile: )

p.s. As a prize I can offer some drawings/watercollors ( I know, no one wants them )

If you did um man, Im in! :smiley:

Sounds like another great idea from this forum of late.

:smiley: Count whith me. A splash screen for gameblender would be cool. Does it need to use just game engine features, or could it be a short animation movie? Why not a splash screen for Creative Commons?

http://creativecommons.org/ OR/AND others cool projects such as Cristal Blend or Gimp… so the users could add the splash screen to their projects… :smiley: %| :expressionless:

Well my friends I guess that this is another flop post of mine…
But a three person contest it’s already a contest

Anyway…it’ll be nice to use only the game engine but maybe with no limitations
So, one can use movies inside the game engine ( I guess that it’s possible and quite easy with the movie script available), millions of polys and models, hundreds of scenes and Python scripts, but…kepp in mind thta the human brain it’s quite limited so
try to keep it simple

Another problem is that I don’t have the time to organize it
Anyone?
Bye

Maybe you can change your marketing campaign Oto. I guess you browse CG talk. You could organize a conceptual context, whith sketches. In CG talk they have “sketch of the week” and we don’t have a similar category… :expressionless:
why not a “draw + gameplay concept” context? Maybe that could be a nice start for a kind of “ideas library”. 8)

But u need too organize that dude! We are busy over here writing to Santa’s. :stuck_out_tongue:

organize isn’t necesary, just tell the rulles give a time limmit and let the community decide wich they like best by using a poll on the forum.
simplicity man simplicty

and what do you mean with a “draw + gameplay concept”? do you mean make a concept for a game and ad a few drawings?? that would be fun. And the winning concept will be made as a collaberitif (correct my grammer if it sucks) project on elysiun by the members.

just my 2 cents

Niels

"and what do you mean with a “draw + gameplay concept”? do you mean make a concept for a game and ad a few drawings?? that would be fun. And the winning concept will be made as a collaberitif (correct my grammer if it sucks) project on elysiun by the members. "

In fact iam sugesting just a public database for game ideas. If it are developed further then its ok. Specially considering gameplay not just graphics. So we could have two starting points:

1)a detailed discription of the gameplay (not the story line) and
2) HAND drawings for visualizing the interface.

Of course any “extras” like modeling, small demos etc can make part of this database. But i consider the gameplay discussion the most important, and i miss that part in this fórum. We spent to many time at graphics i guess. Thats good but i’snt enough. :wink:

but don’t forget their are people wich directly draw it up in blender or atleast on the pc, so can that also be shown??

so if i understand a database with ideas for a game, wich means concept art general story line, type of game.

niels

“a database with ideas for a game, wich means concept art general story line, type of game”

Not really. :expressionless:

Whats the story line for Tetris for example?

I guess we need to focus diferent kind of interactions and logic BEFORE the storyline. We need to forget realism for a while. It’s getting boring to hear people saying again and again “the human body DON’T move like that” or “your car is not doing the curve acording to real phisic laws” and stuff like that.

We can create diferent phisic laws over here! Or interactions we are not able to see in real world. %|