Contrasted room

Hi everybody, I worked in this interior scene for practice a different type of lighting. all models except for the plants and 3D scans are made by me.
I used E-cycles and blender 2.8 for rendering this, 1800 samples with intel al denoise for all shots, post in affinity photo 1.7. @bliblubli

Yout can get this scene from gumroad here n.n --> https://gum.co/VXqgU

Thumbnail

43 Likes

10/10 for lighting! one thing that stuck out was the table wood texture, on the side edge its visibly, low-res, and the mapping on the side doesnt fit whats on the top, in the first image the grain changes directions, if this was changed i almost couldnt fault it!

Feel free to share your lighting setup :wink:

2 Likes

Only I use a HDRI with black floor and two area lights for kitchen lighting n.n

This is the config for the HDRI.

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend :slight_smile:

1 Like

You’re #featured! :+1:

1 Like

Fantastic work. Hands down. The realism is superb. I agree with @jessesevorg about the table’s texturing though. From a distance it looks awesome, but in the close-up of the second rendering it seems low-res and somewhat pixelated.
Other than that, your work is purely awesome. I really like the roughness variations in your texturing. It really adds to the realism.

1 Like

Does black floor make render faster?

No, It doesn’t. it make more natural look in the Gi bounces.

Wow! This is really, really impressive! I’m also impressed you made most of the models yourself. Great work! :+1:

2 Likes

Very nice renders indeed! Just one architectural critique - the distance between your kitchen back-counter and kitchen island is unrealistically tight. It’s usually between 1.2m to 1.5m wide. Islands tend to be a bit wider as well - min 600mm wide (standard kitchen module is 600mm x 600mm)

1 Like