Control-Up/Left/Right not working. OS X

The incredibly useful Hotkeys/Shortcuts; Control-Up, Control-Left and Control-Right do not work on my machine (Macintosh Dual PPC G5, nVIDIA GeForce FX 5200, 64MB VRAM, OS X 10.4.8 & 10.4.6) although they work fine on my old Powerbook. Does anybody know why?

I would appreciate any help anyone can give me with this. Thank You.

They work fine on my PC…oh, wait…I use a Windows machine. Sorry.

HAHAHA. Does Shift-Space work? does the same as ctrl-up/down.

Willem, did you ever find your preferences file and trash it?

Dear hogmemberisold: I did indeed, thank you. This did not solve the problem however. What did you mean by changing graphics settings? Thanks also to RogerWickes for the Shift-Space tip. This works on the Powerbook, I’ll try it on the G5 in a bit. Do you know of any alternative for Control-Left/Right?

They work fine on my PC…oh, wait…I use a Windows machine. Sorry.
No need to apologise. The world is full of unfortunates.

Willem:
The only thing I can think of is that the keys are mapped to something else. Have you checked out the Keyboard Shortcuts and Expose settings in the system prefs?

(I’m on 10.3.9 so can’t be too precise about potential issues with 10.4.8)

All I know is to left click the Screen Layout listbox selector at the top of your screen in the User Preferences header, and select the layout you desire.

AndyD: that was for a normal human using a three-button mouse. perhaps you could translate for me into AppleSpeak and its one-button pseudo-mouse equivalent. Cuz uzno dood, izallgood. freznuple andat. peace out. anuno, the little purple martian dude seem to be havin a rough day wit hiz armiture andat, soz maybe u could hep him out and pick up hiz kool shades cuz it like be all brite andat. O an urbandictionary.com lists fez as to u no like borrow money an not payz it back soz like to avoid cufushun wez need to stick to fReznuple wit like one P too.k? get yo homies down under to blog it on myspace and wez get famus analldatsheet. ya mon.Freznuple out.

Thanks to RogerWickes for the Shift-Space, this does indeed do the same thing as Control-Up and works on the G5. Thank you again RogerWickes for “click the Screen Layout listbox selector at the top of your screen in the User Preferences header, and select the layout you desire” but I would much rather use the shortcuts Control-Left & Control-Right, they are quicker and I can map them to two of the buttons on my 10-button Logitech mouse. To AndyD: as far as I can see, there are no conflicts with keyboard shortcuts or exposé.

Success!

: The solution for the G5 is to add a Shift to the Control, so instead of Control-Up, Shift-Control-Up, also Shift-Control-Left, and Shift-Control-Right. I’m sure I tried this before but last night it worked.