Controlling light temperature with the blackbody node

A post on how to make a costume node to easily control light temperature

if you can tell me what you think about it I would be greatful,thanks!

IMO, it is just confusing… multiplying for the sake of it. Your writing is more about playing with nodes.

As you probably know…
Blackbody is a very simple thing.

A black body is an idealized physical body that absorbs all incident electromagnetic radiation, regardless of frequency or angle of incidence.

Blackbody node - Blender Wiki

It is intended to use as a better representation, to get realistic colors of emissive materials without hassle. That’s it.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/7e/Incand-3500-5500-color-temp-comparison.png

Yes,that’s the point.
I wanted to make a node that uses a slider to control the temperature. If you can point me at the part that confused you,I will take a look at it and change it if necessary

the confusing part is the value you have to enter. by just using the blackbody node you can enter real world values and it works. with your node group you can only guess so in conclusion not very helpfull im my opinion.

something more usefull would be a emission strength from the temerature so you dont have to problem like in your blog where a 0.5K lamp is even emitting light

This is actually a good idea
I think this should do it

It may need some tinkering with the values but it does change the strength based on the temperature of the blackbody node

The blog post was more about “the lazy mans blackbody” I just wanted a slider so I didn’t have to mess around with values. I have to and will change the title,it is confusing now that I look at it.
But the I like the Idea of using temperature for strength. And I have to ask,may I use this idea for a blog post?
Thanks!

sure go ahead. from my personal research i found this:

This law states that the total power radiated per unit surface area of a black body across all wavelengths is directly proportional to the fourth power of the black body temperature.http://www.electrical4u.com/images/february16/1456637895.gif

Here, M[SUB]e[/SUB] is the radiated power per unit area and T is the temperature in Kelvin and also σ is the Stefan-Boltzmann constant. This power emits from this hole of the black body.

i havent tested your node so cant say if it works well but this would be the physically correct way. maybe it helps you