Converting SubSurf to real Mesh

Hello,
I’m looking at a tutorial for blender,: http://www.linuxgraphic.org/section3d/blender/pages/didacticiels/head-subsurf/didac3-ang.
html

and it explains how to turn a SubSurfed object into real mesh like this “using the ALT+C combo. Choose ‘Mesh (keep original)’ to the popup requester ‘Convert SubSurf to’.”

However i can’t find how to do this in the new vertion of blender, ! -V 2.33a

can anyone see how to do this?

oh, and that remindes me, i was wondering a while ago if there was a simple way of converting a mesh object into a bezier object?

-Thanks

select your subsurfed object and press alt-c it will ask you covert to: keep original and a new mesh appears with subsufed verts but no actuall subsurifing. the selected mesh reverts back to the subsurfed one so if you don’t want the subsurfed version just delete it!

Cool it seems to be working now, thanks! , i thouhg i was doing that befor but it mush have been in edit mode or somthing,

• thanks

nope, no way. blender doesn’t use spline patches. i don’t remember even commercial packages being capable of that.

hmm, i used 3ds max a while back, and i though t there was a converting option in the riight-click menu, but i am running linux now, so ii can use it. oh well, it might’ve made life a little less complecated i guess

[quote=“solmax”]

nope, no way. blender doesn’t use spline patches. i don’t remember even commercial packages being capable of that.[/quote]

In the newer versions of Maya, you can start with NURBs for the UVs, convert to polys for texturing and details, convert to subDs for smoothness again and from there you can go back to NURBs as some types of fur need NURBs. I know NURBs aren’t the same as beziers but it’s a similar idea. I don’t see why it’s not possible because surely all you need is to define the vertices as bezier control points.