Cool Survival Horror Project... team of at least 8 people

The fog effect looks very cool through that hallway and the textures look good as well. Do u mind if I add some props to the scene and extend it? I have some good ideas…

Hey guys, Just an idea here, but we should get together and brainstorm for a bit, because we need a vision and constant look for the game, we dont want it to be mismatched, just an idea, we do not have to…

@Harris, I love it man! thats exactly the type of creature i was thinking would be great, fast creatures with sharp blades stuck in their body, and bloody gashes and rips all over their body. this game is going to be great

@GJ Ill check out your textured version now

Josh

Thanks for showing up again fpsgod17…
I dont know if there has been such a project before made in Blender and Unity, I am sure there has, but I cant find any project in the Internet, which has been done using Unity and Blender…Josh has mentioned a huge and great list of things to be modeled, just go back in the thread and look up Josh, I guess he is more creative in game structure than I am in the moment…so as said before…you could model various items like healthpacks, things which increase stamina and concentration, things which lower adrenalin, as the player gets more and more insane walking thourgh the darkness…medieval levers and handgears could also proove useful and just all the other things, Josh mentioned…of yourse you dont have to model everything, if you are not willing to, just choose anything you are interested in…I am sure textures can be applied to your objects later…

I am on my way presenting the first preview of the monster-player encounter…

deformed humanoid (some acid-melting face?) with long insect-like hook blades instead of hands. Got it. I’ll make some sketches and post them. (maybe in a day or 2)

FPS i have added you on MSN

GJ those textures are great!

Thanks! and FPSgod please do :slight_smile: and guys before we start texturing a lot, I have a question and that is if I take a picture from cgtextures.com and edit it, does it become mine?

OH! and another question to the people that have tessted my scene, what FPS are you guys at??

The Textures at CGtextures.com are free to use, even for commercial purposes, however you cannot redistribute them as a texture, you can use the texture on a model you sell. but you cannot sell the ‘texture’ as an individual or packaged item. so essentially its fine to use them. just dont go selling ‘rock’ textures that you have downloaded from them. but you can sell a rockman model with that texture on. i would imagine that changing it slightly will prevent any hassle. although im pretty sure that you wouldnt get any.

as for your other question: what FPS are you guys at? what does that mean?

Josh

okay thanks for clearing that up and FPS stands for Frames Per Second (and first-person shooter but that’s not the one I’m talking about) it’s in the debug and framerate properties in blender

LOool I knew that was just out of context, feel a bit stupid lol. To be honest i didnt know it was important, i have just been modelling bits and bobs. What is the reason? Like i said i am new to blender so please enlighten me lol

Thanks
Josh

im Modeling some medievel weapons right now, they look very…fun :smiley:

Hi everyone! Here is a link to my first little scene, where I programmed an encounter between an enemy and the player(it is First person)…but oyu cant actually do anything yet then just find him and escape from him…more functionality will be added later…

Well, I think we should use the standard FPS of 25…I think that this is pretty straightforward…or did you mean something else GJAnders?

I had encountered some little minor problems programming, but I am pretty sure, that with the time I will do better… Here is the link:
http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/88486-Little-Encounter-between-Monster-and-Player(from-HorrorSurvival-Project)

Since my demo wouldnt show up for some kind of reason(my previous one worked fine), Ill post a new one here… I hope this one works!

http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/88486-Little-Encounter-between-Monster-and-Player%28from-HorrorSurvival-Project%29

Actually the standard FPS for a game is 60 fps, and it basically determines how smoothly the game runs, my comp is being stupid lately so it’s running at 7fps full-screen so there is quite a bit of lag but i don’t know how unity handles these things because i don’t have as much experience with unity, hardly any actually

made it this morning:

Wow! That is great! the legs look like they allow for great bursts of speed and agility. which is good for the scare factor, the model itself is an awesome design !

Well done Man great work!

Yea, that model really looks great!You seem to have put a lot of effort into this sketch, it looks very terryfying!
This model would look awesome when implemented in the game…I am looking forward to working with this model!
I can only say nice work man!

Thank you. I was thinking about the deformed pig-like orc warlord in the third LOTR movie and the hybrid from Aliens 4…

WoW!!! We have a good artist among us i see :wink: Very nice job and keep up the good work my friend :smiley: