coping objects

HI there all artists :smiley:

well i’m new on that all(done some stuff but not anything special) but i’m facing a problem: Is there any way I could copy one object from one .blend file to another .blend fail? lets say i have modeled a Servomotor and saved it but on thenext project i need it but i dont want to redraw it. Is it possible to copy?

shift+f1

open your blend file

open objects

load the objects you want to import…

well yes but i cant understand where does the thing come? i tryed all ways but nothing i cant see anything :frowning: am i doing something wrong? am i just stupid? (I hope not)

I’ve had similar problems … often the object is on another layer (you can press the tilde key ~ to see all layers at once) … or if I zoom out (minus key on keypad or Ctrl MMB while slightly moving the mouse pointer down) I will find the object I just appended.

Hope this helps :smiley:

no 1 know how to use layers but cant find the way how to copy one object from one file to another :frowning: :-? :expressionless:

when appending append the object and not the mesh

Fudge

when appending append the object and not the mesh

? Can’t follow that right now? What do i have to search from there? It would be nice that someone could make a step by steb operation for me :expressionless:

1)shift + f1
2) find you blend
3) choose object
4) click mesh.001 or what ever
5)click the button that says append

woohoo thanks a lod bro :smiley: i finaly got it :slight_smile:

I might suggest you run the “Interface” and “Navigation” tutorials (standard and video tutorials) that you will find here (use the search function) and at http://www.blender3d.org/cms/Tutorials.243.0.html