I’m animating a molecule coming together. I’ve alread done it, but I’ll be doing it many more times and I’m hoping to make the process a little faster. Here’s what I’ve been doing so far:
- Import Molecule (using PDB2Blend - a source of much frustration)
- Separate atoms and bonds onto separate layers
- Give one atom rigid body physics with a 3 radius
- Copy Physical Properties to all the other atoms
- Save Game to IPOs, then run the game
- Use a Time IPO to reverse the explosion into a self-assembly
It’s all pretty neat, until the Time IPO bit. I can’t link the IPOs to copy the Time curve, since that would ruin the explosion curves, I can’t draw and link Time first, since the Game writes over it and I REALLY don’t want to cut and paste a time curve for every individual molecule (I’ll be working with 400 at times).
So, does anyone know how to link/copy an individual IPO curve to several objects at once?
If someone can answer this, I’ll love them and Blender forever.