Correcting Defined Shape Keys

I have recently started using Shape Keys to properly deform body joints. A problem I’m repeatedly running into is that of malformed Shape Keys - when vertices move or don’t move in the way that I want, because I’ve selected them by accident at some point while creating the Key. Once accepted as part of the Shape Key, it seems that vertices can’t be ‘bumped off’ of a morph target. If that’s true, I’m going to have to redo a bunch of my deformation keys, and that’s a pain I’d rather avoid if possible.
The long and short of it is - how can I ‘remove’ vertices’ positions from a morph target (Shape Key)?
Is there something I’m missing?

~TaskMaster

If you do modify a shape key you can, in Edit mode, use W >> Propagate to all shapes. But it sounds in your case you need to redo the shape correctly.

%<

No, your suggestion could work. If I hide areas that I modify, I can then propagate the rest of the mesh to Basic. :slight_smile: Thank you.

added to wiki http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Manual/Shape_Keys#Editing_Shape_Keys

Actually, you can use the “blend from shape” option, also under the W menu and choose which shape key to use as a reference for repositioning the vertex and you can then even choose to what extent to apply that reference point to the existing location. If you know what I mean.

Yes, I do. Thanks. :slight_smile:

Very helpful. Thanks.

no, i don’t know what uz meanz, but iz addedit twoda wiki anywayz. freznupple.