corrupted ui

blender(2.57versions) installed by unzip,and ui modified and saved with ctrl+u.When another version of blender is installed (after deleting the previous), options for script addons dont appear in the toolbox.After doing restore “factory defaults” scripts work properly…

does ctrl+u save settings to registry,how to completely uninstall the previous install(zipped versions from graphicall)?

Ctrl-U saves to startup.blend, that’s it and is pretty much self contained within the folders that you unzipped.

In windows, older versions of installed Blender would save in c:\users[user]\AppData\roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender[version]\config, but I don’t believe any zipped archive calls out to this location, since you can just create a config location in [whatever drive location][version][created or included config folder]

I have a similar issue where the all the info on the UI is gone. Any help?

hi ajm,
i am on winxp.i found one version frm graphicall didn’t have startup.blend and config folder.is it possible to create this folder and files myself?(“show hidden files” on)
hi bdd458,

I have a similar issue where the all the info on the UI is gone. Any help?

try,go to File “reset to factory defaults”.

Just create the config folder, Ctrl-U will save the startup file, search to find it if it isn’t in the config folder.

Just create the config folder, Ctrl-U will save the startup file, search to find it if it isn’t in the config folder.

ok.thankyou.