Corvette Stingray C7 - Renders and Animation

Great work… (Y) Congrats

That’s some sexy stuff!
nice lighting, great job!

Amazing renderings. A bit noisy for my taste.

Do you mind sharing your materials nodes?

Amazing work! I feel this deserved more samples

Amazing car paint, love it ! I would like to have a look on the nodes :smiley:

I am so glad you guys like the project!
I have been working on a post processing breakdown video and I just wanted to share it in here.

@cekuhnen: Thank you! Before I started lighting the car I collected a ton of reference studio shots and studied the lighting used in the shots. I kinda made my own deep/contrast look, but I still think the references were worth the time. Really appreciate the feedback!

@Rp2: Thanks! :slight_smile: Glad you like it.

@pieriko: Haha, thank you! ^^

@juancarlosgzrz: Yeah, sorry about that. The video in particular is very noisy. I should have rendered it with more samples.
Nope, not at all. The blue, black and yellow materials are all different, but I have put all of them into this .blend: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4JTwP2s693VbjdlM1hPYmRwOEE
I have to mention, though, that these materials will not work with any car model, any lighting setup or any HDRI. You will have to modify and play a bit around with the nodes to get a good render. :slight_smile:
By the way… The yellow one is made for environment renders, while the black and the blue ones are made for studio renders.

@ionee: Thanks! Yeah, if I were to re-render it I would definitely increase the amount of samples!

@ThierryK: Thank you! Feel free to download it. ^^

is 3d work your fulltime job?
it should be with results like that

Fantastic work! Love it!

Briliant in almost every way… The modeling, the materials and your sense of framing is superb. Its really impressive. Only thing thats bugging me is the sound of the video. You should look for a sound guy when you do high quality stuff like that. (i understand this is not the critique forum so if this is inappropriate id like to apologize)

@Yusuf Raja: Nope, it is just a hobby, but I hope I can work as a 3D artist one day. Thank you!

@blazraidr: Thanks! Glad you like it! To be fair, I would never have figured out how to make a car rig if I hadn’t watched your tutorial some years ago. I changed a couple of things in the rig, but your new rig is probably much better than this one.

@Ibanessie: Thank you! I have not done much sound editing myself, but I actually spent quite some time on the sound. I found it really difficult finding sounds made by the car which sounded like they were recorded on the same mic. Anyway, thank you for the feedback - I don’t think it is inappropriate at all. Even though it is awesome to know people like what you do, it does not really help you improve. Critique does. :slight_smile:

Hey Dan, thanks for sharing the car paint, that’s gorgeous !
I have featured your work on http://www.kopilot.ch/blender-blog-corvette-stingray-c7/
Blender news and tutorials for the (swiss :slight_smile: french community.
Keep up the good work!

Looks awesome . Can you share headlight materials/textures ?

Hi ThierryK!
Awesome! I am really glad you want to share my renders.
Thanks!

@eabdy: Thanks! For the cover glass for the headlights I just used a simple glass shader. Nothing fancy. Most of the details are modeled to get the best looking result. The secondary layers of glass (the red objects on the image) used a couple of bump maps, which added subtle lines and dots to the surface of the glass.

Great model and amazing rendering. Particularly love the blue one where the renders look like a 80’s airbrush painting.

great one, thanks for sharing details about this project, btw your last attachment link seems broken, in case you haven’t noticed.

Excellent renders!

@PolyPincher: Thanks, man! I looked at a lot of old classic car paints and read a bit about the layering of paint and stuff like that. I was going for that 70’s-80’s metallic paint - I didn’t know it is called airbrush paint. :slight_smile:

@ideorium: You are welcome! Yeah, I have noticed I just forgot to update the link. It should be up soon.

@wolverine96: Thanks! :slight_smile:

great work! the carpaint is really well done :slight_smile:

Amazing!:eek: