Cosmic Donut

This is my first donut render. I’m pretty happy with how it turned out but I’m still figuring out how to get the sprinkles off of the bottom of the plate. Any feedback would be appreciated! I mostly wanted it to look like stars in the sky, but on a donut :D. I was also kind of thinking of just putting donuts like they’re floating in space, but i’m not sure yet.

6 Likes

@juststardust Are your sprinkles part of the icing mesh and if so I don’t see how they would be emitting from the plate unless the plate is somehow part of a joined mesh with the icing. You could also weight paint the area you are wanting sprinkles and use it in the density settings of the particle settings.

I did a space donut a while back with a giant orange for the sun. Was kind of fun to do, was something outside of the standard Andrew Price tutorial.

I did the plate particles separately with weight paint. It kept painting both sides though and I couldn’t figure out how to fix it exactly. I tried looking it up but I got confused by the explanations :’).

That sounds really cool! Do you still have it? I’d love to see it! I love space stuff :D.

Ok I did find it on my passport drive. Was mainly done as a joke in response to someones comment on Facebook about seeing too many donut renders and all are the same carbon copy of the Donut tutorial.

1 Like

Can You render version with yellow stars for people in EU ? :wink:

That looks so cool!!! I love the frosting material, and the little asteroids :D. It’s like it’s orbiting the orange!

1 Like

Sure thing ;). I’ll have to do it later on in the day though because my laptop takes forever to render and I can’t change it till i’m back home.

Here she is! She might be a smidge orange but close enough I think. I was trying to go for more of a gold.

2 Likes

Just perfect!

1 Like