Cosmic Girl (Final Image)

I have to disagree here. Unless I can plainly see a majority of a model (and the background) I can not fully appreciate the artistic quality of a piece or the skill that went into it’s creation. Those pieces I frequently find that leave at least half of an object or half of the face and body obscured in shadow… I usually ignore them in favor of looking for something with better lighting. IMO, poor lighting can obscure enough details to make interpreting the actual artistic value and skill very difficult to determine. (Often, very poor quality stuff can be hidden in darkness and nobody could tell.) And I hate having to load up an image in a paint program just to adjust the Gamma so as to see everything clearly.

That said, however, the shots of this model do appear to have been significantly over-exposed. And I will also admit that while even valued lighting is important for tech demos, uneven lighting is much more artistic and realistic. (I just ask not to obscure very much.)

Anyway, art is by it’s very nature, subjective.

I Dig.
And i love your skin shader, sir. It’s so hard to get it right, and i hate using UV textures but i’ve been fairly successful combining nodes/fresnel/SSS…
You did a great jaorb, Homestar.

If I were to sample that spot in Photoshop, I’d probably see a color-value of #FFFFFF or darn-close-to-it. In other words, “blown-out white.” Overexposure.

She has face-texture and midrange skin tones, but her outfit is seriously overexposed. Partly because of this, it’s featureless.

The entire image needs to have comparable tonal-ranges,

personally the exposure is totally up to you, the exposure in the picture can also happen in real life, it just depends on the lighting, but preferably an prof photographer would make it not wash out. The hair looks amazing i think :slight_smile:

P.S. am i the only one that notices “caution this hatch do not remove”
isn’t it suppose to say “caution do not remove this hatch”? lol
english is not my 1st language btw. :slight_smile:

Congratulations on joining the gallery! (Is is too late to say so?)
Detailed props and the lively look of the model are all so impressive.
I personally liked the red-haired one at first sight, but the brown one look more realistic.

I totally disagree, it adds such an awesome effect, and i dont think there is any improvements to be made. :RocknRoll:

I still dont like this… The face/nose thingy is still hauntign me… Also now the strange design of the helmet starts to annoy me. it looks like you took your placeholder “hair” model and kitted it into helmet. The current shape of the helmet just doesnt make any sense. Also if some people took their eyes of the face itself and take a look at the hand(s) the basejoints seem like “sticking out of whiteness”. They seem to be completely detached with no relation to the palm part. Oh and the SSS on the face look perhaps bit too strong.

But then again i am usually just annoyed by everything.

it is cool

http://www.china-cart.com/bookpic/200811/2008112191612.jpg

I’m facinated by the hand. I have been trying to make one myself but I just can’t get it. Can you give me the hand model only, if it’s not too much to ask.

It’s gorgeous - I take it the pic that was scrutinized have since changed. But in any event… lovely!

that is a good try.

Sorry to ask again but I really need that hand mesh because it’s by far the best one I have found for the thing I’m doing so If you could put the .blend file on here that would be great.

can someone make me a thing:o? i cant create a new topic because i am new, just starting using blender, if you can make me something like this with my country flag on and soldier also different. I will tell exactly if you will make it for me :slight_smile:

http://i636.photobucket.com/albums/uu85/munketprince/wok.gif

I can try but you will need to tell me exactly what you want or I might stuff it up badly

Kaelis, i sent you a personal message :slight_smile: please check!!

Very good!
I love it! 5*

very nice…

Personally, I think it’s awesome work. I’m not even remotely capable of what you can do and I wish I could cross the lightyears in timelapse :slight_smile:
But I can see some of the points of critique around in this thread, considering the lighting and some facial structure. Anyway, I’m far from an expert in Blender, but from a photographic perspective it could have more dynamic range to pull the design together. Also, I’m not very fond of the head gear, looks like you tried on a hair model and decided to make it a helmet :slight_smile: But that’s a matter of taste.
Anyway, you don’t have a signature - do you have a gallery somewhere? Rocks!

The grammar on the panel behind her bothers me… Lovely work otherwise.

omg the helmet looks so reallll!! tHE FACE IS A LIL OFF THO :\