Could some one let me know how to animate the moon around the earth

Could some one let me know how to animate the moon around the earth according to the real way the moon moves?

Ie a blend file with ipo movements if possible?

Well, one way in which I did mine was once I made the earth was made sure the curser was in the middle of the earth and created a new UVsphere then resized and gave it a texture and whatnot. I then got into edit mode, highlighted all of the moon’s vertices and moved it outside the earth into the correct position. Go back into object mode and if you rotate the moon, you’ll notice that it rotates around the middle of the earth where it was before.

Key frames for my earth spins:

frame 1 just leave it as it is and create an I frame

frame 100 rotate around Z axis at 180 degrees (You can do this by doing R Z 180 then LMB or pressing Enter) and create an I frame

Repeate for frames 300, 400, 500, 600, 700 and 800.

Key frames for my moon orbits:

Frame 1 just make an I frame

Frame 400 rotate 180 degress aroun Z axis and make I frame and repeat for Frame 800

Finished result http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBmo8X4l1Fg&feature=channel_page

This makes the moon orbit around the earth per 4 earth spins though in reality, the moon roughly only makes one orbit per 28 earth spins.

Oh! And also after you’ve done the key frames, highlight the earth, go into the Ipo curves editor and right click the curve and then go Curve>>>extend mode>>>extrapolation and do the same for the moon.

Thanks for sharing, I’ll have a bash soon