COVID-19: All Approved Vaccines Help and Save Lives

Yeah. I believe the MMR, DTaP, Measels, Polio, and Hep B vaccines are the only ones considered mandatory for kids these days.

1 Like

I was born in 79, and the only vaccine I can recall showing up on the scene in the years since my initial dosing was for chicken pox and Hep B.

Though interesting aside, I was one of the rare few to have had an allergic reaction to the DTaP vaccine. I can’t tell you what happened, because I was just 1 or so, but I hear it was scary, and I had to load up on children’s tylenol to keep my fever down.

1 Like

Well, with birth period there’s 3 more of pretty much the same things…

“80” seems… an overwhelming number. What kind of government can afford something like that.

2 Likes

Here we go. Though it varies by state, there are a maximum of 9 vaccines required for school here in the US.

1 Like

Here in Greece there are a few more considered necessary but I’m not sure if all them are obligatory. In any case, these aren’t more than 9-10 in total. 80 seems like an… impossible number…
As one can see here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vaccination_policy_in_the_United_States
no more than 10 vaccines are necessary for kids and teenagers in the US.

1 Like

Assuming we’re talking of 20 years, thats still a shot every 3 months. Favorably have the hospital nearby.

1 Like

:laughing: That was a good one.

1 Like

A lot of vaccinations are given combined. For example diphteria, polio, pertussis, tetanus, hapatitis B and hib are administered in a single shot.
Three of these combind shots are needed in the first year and a refreshment at around age 2 iirc.

Similar for mesles, mumps, rubella, chicken pox which needs to be administered twice.

So, depending on how you count you can get anything beween 2 and 32 vaccinations in the first 2 years for these two particular combinations only.

Hmm, ok refreshments and multiple shots are also counting into the 80 vaccines and for simplicity we assume all mandatory and we ignore that this kind of counting has its impact on the strength of the argument.

Well, its really up to you if simply cumulate the risk for sideeffects or if you offset it against their cumulated benefits, if you weight it by their strength or not, if you’re seeing conspiracies behind it or not, if you can appreciate the more specific effectiveness of modern vaccines or if you think that medication has been better 30 years ago. Its even up to you if you think that the medication itself is in your body for that long time and not just the parts of your trained immune system and that these vaccines themselves all interact.

I will not support that kind of argumentation, personally I highly appreciate and support @Yafu’s initial statement here referrring to that of the video. All these vaccines all will keep you out of the hospital in case of an covid infection and will prevent even worse. Thats it for me.

Hah, were I live we don’t have any mandatory vaccinations at all. I wish we had but sadly we don’t.

Then I dont understand why you supported that calculation.

I don’t care how one counts. That was just an observation where the large discrepancy comes from.

The number is meaningless.

And thalidomide wasn’t a vaccine anyway, it was a drug for morning sickness and it wasn’t tested properly. In fact, thalidomide led to a major boost in safety testing. Organisations that raise awareness of thalidomide victims feel comparisons to vaccine testing are insulting.

Here’s a good primer on why the latest generation of vaccines were seemingly turned around so quickly. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-55041371

1 Like

Its all right and well to think logically about this and debate mitigated risk, statistics and all, until its your mother, your wife or daughter that’s lying on the bed in front of you at death’s door dying from something that could have been prevented.

no vaccines manufacturer made the 3rd phase tests ( on thousands of ppl for several months ) this simply means all ppl getting those products accept to be alpatesters with potential death or potential non negligible health problems.
So sorry @yafu you are wrong saying that vaccines are the best for all and that
“approved by health agencies save lives in a large percentage” is a partial lie ( as vaccines have been TEMPORARILY approved till the 3rd phase end ( in vivo on common people ) ) and saving lives in a large percentage is just TV propaganda that is all but scientifically proven ).

This is just my opinion and you got your own and am okay with this. Darwin will do its best in the future. What i’m really stunned with is that this subject comes and stay here on this forum !
This topic it’s far more political and eugenistic that it wants to say and should be IMHO supressed from this forum !

2 Likes

How is this conversation in any way promoting eugenics?

• Data from 43,448 participants, half of whom received BNT162b2 and half of whom received placebo, showed that the vaccine candidate was well tolerated and demonstrated 95% efficacy in preventing COVID-19 in those without prior infection 7 days or more after the second dose

https://www.pfizer.com/news/press-release/press-release-detail/pfizer-and-biontech-announce-publication-results-landmark

3 Likes

“COVID-19: All Approved Vaccines Help and Save Lives”

…not for example, if you’re one of the tiny minority that may have a rare fatal allergic blood clotting reaction too an AstraZeneca jab.

Oh! and by the way aged under 50, as well.

Vaccine nationalism has irrevocably raised it’s ugly head primarily among the OECD economies, a far cry from the kumbaya “we’re all in this together” sentiment expressed way back it seems a lifetime ago in March 2020.

MONEY, boys and girls is at the end of the day determines access to these efficacy documented vaccines, because last I checked the global human population was a tad over 7 billion so there really isn’t enough to go around for a few more years yet.

Now lets see, doing the math:

• US ordered a further 200 million doses to supplement a domestic supply of 300 million doses for an adult population of 250 million

• EU ordered 1.6 billion doses for an adult population of 375 million

• UK ordered 219 million doses for an adult population of 54 million

• Canada ordered 188 million doses for an adult population of 32 million

• Lastly here in Australia, had ordered 53.8 million doses for an adult population of 18 million

Which amounts to about 2.2 billion doses (give or take a few million) BUT in all actuality 10 billion doses total have already been pre-ordered and the above wealthiest group of nations jagged half the projected 2021 production, alone:

How COVID vaccines are being divvied up around the world

As opposed to a stark reality facing those that can’t afford a mass domestic rollout however there might be a way to redistribute the surplus, although dependent of course upon various competing Geo-political agendas or indeed willingness to even countenance, for that matter.

Here’s how the surplus could be redistributed

Although personally I wouldn’t hold my breath whilst keeping in mind, that this particular SARS strain continues too mutate into deadlier genomic sequencing outcomes.

1 Like

Do not forget Covid immunity appears to last for 9-10 months. So it’s reasonable to consider a 6 months vaccine recall per person.
So it’s basically your population x 2 vaccine per year forever
:no_mouth:

Not very likely, i find such predictions are rather just stoking fears than doing anything good. First immunity duration varies depending on which vaccine you’re talking about and its not known yet how long immunity will really last.

But most importantly its rather the timeframe until which your immunity will be in full active state in your body, after that there may be a much longer lasting protection in form of specific t-cells built by your body, if these got triggered by the vaccines mechanism well enough. And if not by one of current ones then that might be improved by a future vaccine. And if thats the case, then you might get the virus into your body much later and in a short timeframe your immunity will be “restored” by your body, like it is with many diseases you once had. And then it all rather depends on how fast the virus significantly changes and how widespread it will be then.

Anyhow, the biontech publication posted in my last post also talks about that and shows quite promising numbers for T-Cell responses.