crap

ive heard be patient before but after a day or two with one reply and 4 posts…arrrrrrggghhh

the same thing happens to me, (better to post in off-topic forum)

you just have to keep bumping your topic to get replies

well ill look at your topics and try to post some replies

what? no, it doesn’t matter, you just need to keep youself up… say in the first page, and people will post and also try to advertise you topic but not annoyingly so.

im simply stating if you help me ill help you. the way things should work of course. i do understand that people dont have to reply to newbies help, but im sure at one time they asked for help themselves. … …
yet acourding to socialology the more people the less responcibility to help. im saying no matter what i will try to help. you know how it is, well im here to change how it is, and reply to as many peoples questions as i can

Settle down, take a deep breath and keep at it. That’s the best advice you’ll get anywhere.

Any other advice is a welcome bonus but it comes when it comes. Given that you joined yesterday, it’s unlikely anyone knows you so don’t take it all so personally. People respond if and when they respond, it’s not compulsory although you (and sometimes I) might wish it was.

Heck, I posted a technical question on blender.org and it had more than 70 views before it got its one and only answer and that was after I’d been seraching for an answer here for weeks (and then only Fligh% responded). Sometimes people just don’t have anything to say to you or don’t know what to say.

However, this seems like the fourth or fifth time in two days that you’ve grumbled about the lack of responses. Sure, it’s frustrating (we’ve all been there and often still are) but the more you complain, the less likely it is you’ll get the feedback you’re really after and the more likely it is you’ll get bogged down in a thread like this one - going nowhere - and then people will form an opinion of you.

I said it before and I’ll repeat it here - the real cost of Blender is “Research”. It’s time consuming and often a hard slog trying to find that one bit of information or advice that you want or need - but that’s what you pay for when you use free software.

As far as general modelling crits go, you can’t force anyone to respond and at the end of the day, you can judge your own work - you know if it looks right or not. If you like it and you’re not planning to sell it then other people’s opinions mean little anyway. If you have a particular concern about a model, raise THAT concern in your post. Otherwise, just post it anyway if you think it deserves a viewing.

An ocassional “bump” might be warranted but I’d have to say that I’d be annoyed if I kept opening threads where the only additional comment was “bump”. I would think a period of a few weeks or more should pass before a bump and only for technical questions requesting help, not for general crtis. Maybe others have different opinions or can state accepted forum protocols or guidelines.

But again - take a deep breath (and don’t forget to let it out) :wink:

agreed, if someone will post an answer to your question, it will be Fligh%
(he knows everything)

An ocassional “bump” might be warranted but I’d have to say that I’d be annoyed if I kept opening threads where the only additional comment was “bump”. I would think a period of a few weeks or more should pass before a bump and only for technical questions requesting help, not for general crtis. Maybe others have different opinions or can state accepted forum protocols or guidelines.

%| When I meant bump, I meant actually submitting progress, I guess I didn’t explain it well enough

Wrong forum for this discussion, and even then, it would still get locked.

Please note that in a typical forum situation, you will likely get 1 reply to every 20-30 views. This is not uncommon. Relax and just take what you get.

BgDM