Howdy! I already made a thread underGame Engine section, but I believe this section has more enthusiastic volunteers.
So, I’m making a non-profit Crash Bandicoot fangame and I’m seeking for people to assist few things.
Dr. Cortex has taken control of the satellite, with which he’s now able to turn inhabitants into his mindless slaves - or use it to some other evil purposes. With help of N. Gin, it’s now equipped with a plasma beam, with which Cortex thought he could vanish Crash and Coco before beginning his operation. Just one hit and Cortex thought he finally got rid of the middling bandicoots, BUUUT, Aku Aku got them shielded with his powers. Once again it’s up to Crash Bandicoot to put the end to Cortex’s scemes!
The fangame I’ll be making with Blender has Warped/WoC formula which consists of:
- Warp room with 25 regular levels and 5 hidden ones (unlockable with relics)
- ND’s low poly layout on characters and some of the objects
- Classic Crash with all of Warped’s moves
- All the good ol’ elements from ND’s Crash games from Wumpa fruit to crates
- Bonus paths, skull paths and gem paths
- Crystals, gems and relics (each one received by their respective ways)
- Lab assistants
- Five boss battles (Ripper Roo, Rilla Roo, Koala Kong, N-Gin and Cortex, order of first three might be changed depending how you prefer)
In addition, the game should be able to scale between resolutions (240p-720p) and aspect ratios (4:3 and 16:9).
I guess I could also reveal which environments I’m planning for game’s levels so far:
- Slippery boardwalks in nordic forests
- Swamp (Floridan ones for example)
- Logging site (sometimes with beaver fortresses)
- Desert surfing
- Building’s wall under renovation
- Mountain paths
Here’s the video of how I progressed with the template so far:
As you can see, there are few bugs and lacks that I need help with. To be clear, I need co-programmersand designers for level geometry and boss battles. The level environment suggestions are also welcome. Later I might need co-modelers as well, but I need to see that myself first.
Speaking of the models, thanks to CRASHARKI, sperhak618 and several other model and texture rippers. I now have the most of models and textures needed and I’m ready to buid a level template with playable Crash in it. There’s just one more model missing, but I’m not sure if there are any model rippers in these forums.
Anyway, if you’d wish to help, you can leave a comment here or contact me via [email protected].
Thank you for your attention
Crash Bandicoot and related content courtesy of Activision