Crash when right click over the "properties" icon, and clicking "Unset" or "Reset to default value"

Crash (app closes immediately, no messages) when right click over the “properties” icon, and clicking “Unset” or “Reset to default value”.

Windows 7, GeForce GTX 1050 2GB, i7 860. Downloaded the beta you get offered directly when going here to download section, to get 2.8 (so, not a nightly build). According to the system info feature, seems it’s version: 2.80 (sub 47), branch: master, commit date: 2019-03-07 11:23, hash: a280867ac2ed, type: Release build date: 07/03/2019, 03:47.

I have read bug report is not yet open for public, only for developers. But I felt guilty if not reporting it somewhere.

I don’t need this bug fixed at all, fully irrelevant for my work (I use 2.79, mostly). Just thought I had to inform about it.

PD: Hello back from a 2002 (maybe older) elysiun member. Been using Blender for the 3D side of my freelancing for some long time. Blender 2.8 is absolutely amazing. :slight_smile:

Since 3 days ago, several crash situations were fixed.

I am on linux and can’t reproduce the crash with today’s build.
Can you precise on what button or property are you clicking ?
I don’t obtain “unset” or “reset to default value” in Right Click menu when I click on icon.

It does not mean that is not still there on windows. But it may have been fixed.

It was true several months, ago. But bugtracker is open.
And no matter what phase of development is happening, report about a reproducible crash is always welcomed.

1 Like

We have a place for reporting bugs: https://developer.blender.org/maniphest/task/edit/form/1/

Note: Before reporting, always test with the latest build, and remember to fully and properly fill out the form, and provide a blend file that shows your issue.

2 Likes

@Zeauro and @William: My apologies for a slightly late reply, seems I have not yet fully set the notification mail well (since my come-back).

Is an irrelevant problem for me, but I know is important. I will for sure fill-in that report, later.
Right now, I am providing here a clarification about how it is triggered.

Is the properties button. Trying stuff randomly, I right clicked on that properties icon, then LEFT clicked in one ( actually happens with 2 options) of the options that did pop up. I was not clear in my post that second click is LMB, while first is RMB. Important to notice that if I do RMB again , instead of LMB on the second click, it does not crash. The crash is a sudden close of blender without warning.

It is as if it didn’t like that a RMB comes followed there by a LMB. Or something.

Right click on the properties icon :

…Then, left click in any of the following options :

PD: Off topic, but I am absolutely amazed with Blender 2.8. It is so much better (and I already liked blender a lot, all versions since 2.28c) in every area I am testing it. That is, already tested it for almost all my fields of expertise. Kudos for the amazing work.

Cheers,

Hi, I can verify the crash on:
Blender 2.80 (sub 47), Commit date: 2019-03-10 14:23, Hash 1cc8f9d463a7

Opensuse Tumbleweed x86_64
CPU i7-3520M 8 GB
GPU Intel HD4000
xf86-video-intel 2.99.917-6.1
KDE Plasma 5.54.5.11
Vivaldi 2.4.1476.4 (Official Build) snapshot (64-bit)

I can verify in bug tracker, too. Post link here, please.
I follow bug tracker mostly but if I miss I can follow here.

Cheers, mib

1 Like

Guys, we have an actual place for reporting bugs. This aint it.

https://developer.blender.org/maniphest/task/edit/form/1/