Crazy Christina's Sketchbook

Learning, experimenting, exploring.

[Post updated for Thread thumbnail image]

2 Likes

Also a bridge, somewhere in China. Sorry, the UVs are a bit wonky.

Attachments

Door - all modelled in Blender

Attachments

Sculpting rocks

Attachments

2 Likes

some cool stuff in here. the door is not real convincing, but the other ones are really cool.

Thanks :slight_smile: I’m not really pushing these to final, just exploring concepts and materials.

Cave, inhabited by Neanderthals for 20,000 years.

Attachments

Character modelled in Blender.

Attachments

Here’s one I did a while back, but the thread is locked now. Working on the textures. All Blender (and Photoshop)

Attachments

Continuing environment studies

Attachments

1 Like

I love the last one, how did you do the plants and vegetations?

The vegetation was created in Vue, which specializes in environments. Slab of rock modelled in Blender and sculpted with fine detail, then exported to Vue for environment and rendering. Vue has minimal modelling capability.

I might spend more time on this, but probably not.

Attachments

Rough concept for a city garden. Urn was created in Photoscan from photos. It needs to be cleaned up, or retopoed more likely.

Attachments

Nice work, crazychristina! Masking will help clean up blobby edges like that, but if you’re like me and hate masking, you can also just shoot extra pictures so PhotoScan understands the shape of the object better. In this case, I suppose it would be shooting from the top looking down into the urn. But of course retopo is also a totally suitable method, especially if it’s a step you have to do, anyway.

That urn was as high as me so I couldn’t get a decent shot from top down. However I guess the inside of the bowl is pretty straightforward, and I don’t necessarily need to model it anyway if it’s not in the final image of any scene I render.

There’s a great Matte Painting Tutorial at The Gnomon Workshop by Garret Fry, that uses Photoscan for some initial content. Mostly for Mari unfortunately, but the Sample Clip is worth a look.

http://www.thegnomonworkshop.com/store/product/1068/Advanced-3D-Matte-Painting-Techniques#.VZT5AvmqpBc

Modelled the urn and pedestal, using the Photoscan object as a 3D reference. Dupliverts came in handy for those floral ornaments around the urn.

Attachments

This Moreton Bay Fig grows not too far from my house.

Attachments

Nice tree, can I ask are you focusing on the material setup or modelling or both?

More Photoscan.

Attachments