Christina's Sketchbook

Cabin in the Woods. Cabin by OliverMH from BlendSwap. http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/

Attachments

1 Like

This is from a tutorial, using heightmaps and distribution maps generated by World Machine.

I’m not using Blender much at the moment. I’ll come back to this thread when I do.

Attachments

Very nice landscape form in this last one.

1 Like

Wondering if this image will actually show up, as opposed to just a link like all the others.

I guess not. I’ll be developing a portfolio on DA from here on - not much Blender lately anyway.

Attachments

1 Like

What renderer did you use?

For these environment shots I’m using Vue.

I guess there’s still some interest. A little PP colour correction here.

Attachments

1 Like

Whoa, I can see my images again :slight_smile: I’ll celebrate with a new one. This is from a workshop I’m currently doing on Matte Painting in Vue.

Attachments

1 Like

Needed to retopo a 4 million tri mesh (model of a pumpkin), was pleasantly surprised that Blender could handle it fairly well (once I had turned off ‘outline selected’) and got the job done in reasonable time and without too much frustration. Final result approx 5000 quads.

On this, did you have to fight through the infamous crashing issues and buggy features that Vue is known for or was it fairly smooth?

Also, do you have one of their professional licenses or their (highly restricted) free license (providing that edition known as Cornucopia still exists)?

I’m using Vue Infinite 2015, one of the pro licenses. Vue rarely crashes on me, although the viewport can be a bit slow sometimes when working on billions of polys. I’ve got a pretty good system though, and the scenes I tend to make are not that heavy with geo. Vue does nice terrains (using fractals) and procedural materials (more fractals), but if I need a regular asset I model it in Blender. Just at the moment though I’m exploring photogrammetry (doing a workshop actually) which involves making models from photos. For example the pumpkin.

My workflow is a bit complex these days, but Blender features at a couple of points so I thought I’d post this here. It’s not finished, mainly more work on the maps needed but I could spend a bit of time sharpening up detail on the model too.

Attachments

1 Like

Complex pipeline, but Blender plays an important part.

Attachments

Brass rooster in a Tudor Room. I use a lot of different applications to make my images. Blender plays an import part at several stages. Final render in Marmoset Toolbag.

Attachments

1 Like

My latest project, a Buddhist meditation hall. More texturing to do, this is just a rough go. Render in Vue.

Attachments

I’m exploring different rendering options at the moment. I don’t have experience with cycles. This render was done with Marmoset Toolbag and I like the general look. Lots more modelling and texturing to do (Blender). Set dressing, etc.

Attachments

Looking for a good shot. Modelling in Blender except statue (Photogrammetry asset). Rendered in Vue. More set dressing to do, and more work on textures needed, and will be replacing the statue with a different one.

Attachments

Here’s the latest. ‘Altar’ modelled in Blender. Flowers are Vue library assets. Need to model some more details and improve the texturing.

Attachments

Loving where the bridge scene is going. Keep it up.

Decided to keep all my stuff in one place. I’ll get back to the bridge scene later. This is a work in progress. Some more modelling to do, then on to the texturing.

Attachments