crazy CPU usage 20% at idle

I have 1 services.exe. o_O

That second services.exe does seem to look a bit suspicious.

BTW. Only one services.exe is running hereā€¦

Aligorith

dang I think I have a virus

Do you have any idea why I have 2 services.exe?

EDIT: my cpu usage is at 1.54% I am happy!

from your hijackthis log check a process called Launchy.exe this is an indexing program and has been known to use a lot of cpu power. not an expert but should try to disable and then check usage

Did you notice that the 2nd services.exe (in the blue field) has no manufacturer or version identified? That is odd. Maybe do a search for services.exe on your drive(s) and see what turns up. As far as I know, there should be a copy in C:\WINDOWS\system32 and one in C:\Windows\system32\dllcache. Viruses and such have been known to use system file names, but different locations to ā€œhideā€ themselves.
A link for ya from a google search
Glad you are getting it whittled down thoughā€¦Good luck!

It does occasionally use a lot of cpu but, usually none. I have it turned off now but, I use it a lot.

thanks for the links. I am almost positive it is a virus, I quarantined it but could not delete it, I will try that program on that other forum.

EDIT: I tried downloading ā€œthekillboxā€ but the page was not found, I will google search it now

moveonboot may work for you as well.

Dang Puffles, It didnā€™t work. It either came right back or it didnā€™t delete it.

Just installed McAffe, I did a quick search in C:/WINDOWS and it found it in about 30 seconds, I deleted it, and its now gone! The only problem is that mcAffe takes up a ton of CPU, and the whole point of this is to reduce my cpu usage.

Coolā€¦
Now just remember where it was you got the fluā€¦And donā€™t go there again. :slight_smile: