Creating Realistic Fur in Blender

I’m sure this has been done before, but I don’t see to many fur tutorials around, so here is mine =) I know there is one on the Blender website, but I am not able to watch it, so I have no clue how that method works.

This is my first Blender tutorial, so let me know how you like it! You can read the tutorial on my website: http://mikegraydesign.com/Tutorials/fur_tutorial.html

Here’s what you end up with after you are finished:

Let me know if there are any mistakes in it, or if you have any suggestions :wink:

Great tutorial! Simple, easy to follow & basic. I would encourage those who did this tutorial to also try out combing techniques as well - by simply setting the timeline to frame 1, select your uvsphere and enter into particle mode.

Thanks!

I’m glad you liked it :slight_smile: Thanks for the suggestion, too! Maybe I’ll even make a full-blown tutorial on combing, too.

For those who read this thread later on: I purposely did not have the .blend available for a reason. I do not want you to just download the demo and forget about it, I want you to DO it :wink: