Creating Worlds?

Hey everyone! I’m new to these forums, and haven’t actually even download Blender 3D yet because I’m not quite sure that it will meet my needs. So I know blender can create and animate 3D objects, but what I don’t know is if it can create game worlds, complete with terrain and textures. If not, can someone link me to a (free) 3D world creator? Thanks in advance everyone! :slight_smile:

Sure you can, but you’ll have to make them, and there aren’t many features specifically made for that.

Blender supports realtime textures and some shaders so you can view your landscapes in realtime, it even has a built-in game engine that can be activated whenever you want.
However, it has no readymade presets so you have to create materials, textures, props and lighting all by yourself.

I’m building a video game in Blender and the world creation is wonderful. programming is simple but powerful and the textures look great. I would recommend it to everyone. So far my game contains 3 worlds. A city, A forest, and A futuristic world in the water.

So do any of you guys have any suggestions of some freeware that I might use? Thanks for the advice, by the way.

never mind. I found one.

what did you find?

It’s called Cartography Shop 4, by The Game Creators. They make all sorts of game creation, 3d modeling, graphical design, and audio design programs. Just for people who want to make their own video games. They have two other (not free) map creation tools, that are probably better since they cost money, but this one should work fine on a basic level.

IMPORTANT EDIT: AFTER DOING SOME MORE RESEARCH I FOUND THAT THIS IS NOT GOOD FOR OUTDOOR TERRAIN EDITING. ONLY BUILDINGS, LARGE STRUCTURES, AND INDOOR LEVELS.