Creative commons .

what is this site for ?
http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/2.5/
does it allow you to copyright your stuff or what ?

i’m creating a BGE game , would this copyright my game officialy ?

hey man , wats with ur new avatar

When you create something, you get the copyright automatically, unless you were hired to do it, in which case whoever is paying you gets the copyright. In most countries you should register your copyright somehow, which usually gives you additional clout if you have to sue someone to protect your copyright. Creative Commons does not register your copyright, nor does it create it.

Creative Commons is a licence that sets out the conditions that allow others to use your copyrighted materials. You still own the copyright and you’re the one who has to sue to enforce it, if someone does something you didn’t licence them to do. Creative Commons comes in several varieties, depending on what kind of use you decide to allow.

If you released your game under this particular licence, it means others could copy, distribute or transmit your game over the internet, but would be required to state you were the author, could not sell it or use it to make money somehow, and could not make derivative works, such as using one of the characters in a comic book, or basing a video on the game play.

This pageexplains it in more detail.

hey man , wats with ur new avatar

isn’t it nicer , or i have to reswitch the old one ?

When you create something, you get the copyright automatically, unless you were hired to do it, in which case whoever is paying you gets the copyright. In most countries you should register your copyright somehow, which usually gives you additional clout if you have to sue someone to protect your copyright. Creative Commons does not register your copyright, nor does it create it.

Creative Commons is a licence that sets out the conditions that allow others to use your copyrighted materials. You still own the copyright and you’re the one who has to sue to enforce it, if someone does something you didn’t licence them to do. Creative Commons comes in several varieties, depending on what kind of use you decide to allow.

If you released your game under this particular licence, it means others could copy, distribute or transmit your game over the internet, but would be required to state you were the author, could not sell it or use it to make money somehow, and could not make derivative works, such as using one of the characters in a comic book, or basing a video on the game play.

This page explains it in more detail.

Orinco , thanks , I apreciate it too much , :slight_smile: