creature head sculpting

Loving Blender 2.5.
For a guy that has been lurking in the shadows, the 2.5 series has been a blessing.
Great tools.

I’ve started fooling around with the scultping tools and paint tools.
This is pretty much 100% blender, except for overlaying a lighting pass over the paint texture. Which so far has only been made with Texture Paint mode.

Can’t wait for Alpha 2, or any fix in between, since Alpha 1 keeps dumping my texture links.

As the builds get better, I hope this guy gets better.
And once I get more confident, I’ll move onto other things and post it here.http://www.orbofday.com/forums/creaturehead1.jpg

Can you post any simple AO results…?..looks great…and I like your try use only 2.51 way… no simplification with any cracked Pixologic …keed going…

Well, unfortunately, still being quite new to blender I haven’t fooled around with rendering in it much.
At the moment I can’t seem to get the AO bake working. I’m using 2.49b to do it. Haven’t actually tried it with 2.51 yet.

Full render works though, so I just made a set up with Hemis and produced this to use as a details map in the texture. http://www.orbofday.com/forums/creaturehead1lighting.jpg

I’d like to sculpt it more and finish that. Eventually I’ll move to the gimp to finish the texture work.

great work
one thing i wanna know is how do you prepare texture for your characters.
means do you use pen tablets or use mouse for them ?
Your work is excellent.

great work
one thing i wanna know is how do you prepare texture for your characters.
means do you use pen tablets or use mouse for them ?
Your work is excellent.

wow that looks really good I like your style, I’ll have to try 2.5 some day.

Thanks guys.

@ aonegamer - i’m starting to develop a pipeline I like.

I use a pen tablet.
Lately I have been sculpting details and then baking out the normal map to bring into the gimp as ref.
Than I block in the colour.
Then more details. Bake out map again.
Than tweak it more in GIMP.
bring texture into blender and fix seems, paint details over the seams.
Back and forth like that.