Creature

Hi guys.
Made this new study in Blender 2.81. Hope you like it!
Renders in Eevee.

Cheers!

37 Likes

Nicely done!

1 Like

man creepy as F. Well done :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

For some reason he reminds me of Boris Karlov, I think it’s the eyes?
Well done!

1 Like

It’s so ugly! i love it.nice work

1 Like

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

1 Like

You’re on the #featured row! :+1:

1 Like

Thanks, Bart! Glad to be part of the community!

1 Like

you use only blender or also zbrush ?

1 Like

Hi! Only Blender 2.81 :smiley:
Pablo Dobarro is doing an incredible job for sculpting in Blender.

1 Like

Great work. Love the lighting too.

1 Like

That Black/what matcap makes it even look more freaky. Sweet sculpt man!

1 Like

Thanks! I will share the matcap here when I get home later. I should have made this before. Glad you remebered it.
I tried to mimic the grey matcap from Zbrush. It is good for sculpting because it has high contrast, and also has no colors to distract.

1 Like

Ow cool, i didnt check it properly i guess… But its seems flipped to that one of blender correct?

No. I rendered a sphere with a slight metallic grey material in Eevee.
Hope you like it!
To install just go to the gear beside the matcap and click install

1 Like

Thank you for the matcap!

1 Like

you completely sculpt in blender? if i can afford. should i get zbrush directly? or practice sculpting in blender first? can we export our skills onto one another? i am quiet familier with zbrush UI . have watched michael pavlovich videos for a month. how do you compare blender brushes with zbrush?

1 Like

Yes, this is Blender from scratch to finish. You should try both softwares, Blender is free and Zbrush has a trial, so you can avaluate for yourself. Remeber, they are tools, your sculpting skills definitelly work on both. You just have to use the one YOU like the most, the one that fits best on your hands. For example, some people say there is a right or best way to hold a pencil, but at the same time there are many very skilful artists who hold the pencil in a “weird” way and still do amazing art.

I bought Zbrush Core last year, but I prefer sculpting in Blender. Its interface is much better and cleaner than Zbrush; navigation feels more fluid; there is real conical perspective (zb fakes it), so you can feel the depth of the object; also I am much more used to all its tools… I know how powerful Zbrush is, in regards to handling very high poly count… but I just feel much more comfortable using Blender. And it is much much better nowadays with the developments by Pablo Dobarro and all the team. So it can handle more geometry, specially if you hide a part of the model. And the brushes are feeling a lot like Zb, specially with the latest build of 2.82.

I went to Unhide Conference in São Paulo last year and got the chance to speak to Chris Costa (The Antropus), I asked if I should use Zbrush more. He said the software doesn’t really matter, what matters is skill and practice. For example he said that in ILM he had to use a software made by themselves, so it wouldn’t make a difference if he used either of these softwares we are talking about.

Try them and choose by yourself. And also you can use the two of them.

Thank you for the detailed answer man. its really unbelievable you jumped from zbrush to blender. your not the first i think yansculpts from youtube also used to sculpt on zbrush before. Your right about navigating in zbrush is quiet pain and blender is straight forward. i got the trial of zbrush and some basic anatomy courses lets see how its turns out. i am quiet familier with zbrush interface because i have watched lots of videos of michael pavlovich. its all about practice. actually i am hesitating because of lack of Sculpt Tutorials/Classes of blender 2.8 while zbrush has tons of it. haven’t found any suitable blender 2.8 detailed sculpt classes

1 Like