Creaturebox Robot!

I’m looking forward to playing with a rig when it comes time to assembling a demoreel!

I love those guys! It probably won’t be the last time I model one of their concepts.

Thank you so much! Their books are excellent!

Thank you!

You guys are so nice, thank you!

Thanks!

Nice model, looks pretty close to the Creaturebox concept. I do think however that the grime/rust/dirt is too random, and detracts from it.
If you’re going to try and make it dirty/old looking, most of the rust should be in the crevices (where moisture is most likely to collect), and scratches on the most protruding areas.
Also, the lighting looks a bit flat. My guess is you’re just using regular blender lights for it, if so try using image based lighting (or just bring it into something like Marmoset Toolbag that has ibl already setup for you).

Very Great !

Hey,
such a great visualisation of a 2d concept! Great stuff. I really like the materials and the lighting of it! =) How long did it take you to finish it from scratch ?
Cheers!

The cartoon render is just amazing. Would love to see it animated.

I love this style of robot design, the thin legs with the fat arms go really nicely together. I especially like the design of the feet (or are they shoes on robots?), the bend upwards makes the robot look much more charming, or possibly even royal (especially with the red colour scheme, you can imagine it as some kind of regal robot butler). Maybe thats just me, but either way, really good job

Wery well done! This is awesome!

I can tell robot has got lots of character! Great image.