CRIBS ......of geeks

I was sitting here doing nothing, and something hit me. We have been seeing quite a few pictures and bio in the CJs and stuff lately. But what about the things that keep us all connected around the world…our comps!! What if we did a CRIBs type thing, where someone would tell a little aobut themselves, maybe a little pic, then a bio and pic/screenshots of their system. For a lot of us, we basically live in our computers, they are our ‘crib’, actually, alot of our computers are probably in better shape then our rooms. I have cleaned dust out of my system 3 times in the last month, I have dusted my room 2 months ago.

Well, just another pointless thought. I’m thinking about making a little book called ‘Pointless thoughts from Sitting Here Doing Nothing’, it could be a life story… well, theres another pointless thought.

you mean something like this? http://vrotvrot.com/BlenderStation/

:smiley:

yeah, sounds like a good idea :slight_smile:

Roel

no wonder your website never evolves :stuck_out_tongue:
That’s ok man, mine doesn’t either. Actually, I sat down the other day and worked on it for a while, until stupid ‘Microsoft picture it publishing’ screwed up my jpegs and made them 220 kbs…
then I got discouraged and quit…

It’s evolving, just not where you can see it… :wink:

I’m gonna wait until a substantial amout is compete, then post it. I’m trying to get it where I can’t easily change my mind. I have never had a finished website, not in about 5 years!!! So this is why I am going to make myself finish it. Also, I want Iptic to be as good as possible, because I never went to college, it will have to be the center of my resume. I upgraded the server, and here soon I should be getting LinuxBios on it. I’m also looking into more efficient bandwidth usage methods. So it’s gonna be pretty good here in the next couple months.
:smiley:

I’ll believe it when I see it :stuck_out_tongue:

Here’s an idea for evolving: Get something that will make making our pages easier. I still haven’t downloaded any FTP… any good ones?

I’m trying my best. I’m paying for all of this out of my own pocket, when I started this I expected people could at least make thier own sites. I would like to make a templater or some type of online creation utility, but unless I spend more money and buy one, I don’t have time to make one.

come on, you’re selling out if you use some stupid templater, or even overuse a WSYWIG editor IMHO, because YOU actually haven’t created anything, so it’s not really YOUR site. do yourself a favor and learn HTML, it’s not that hard, and if you can’t do that at least get some cheap WSYWIG webpage developers off the net. As for FTP apps and such, if you can use those then i’m straining to imagine how you learned blender. :o

If someone has problems with html, ask me… (pm)

Now I know, why your smiley is hitting himself. He thinks a lump goes away faster, if he flattens it with the hammer, right?

VERY CLEVER

HH