Crocuses

I wanted to make some flowers. It was crocuses season…
I’m in awe with procedural materials, so I’ve tried to make one myself.
Then I stumbled upon mind-boggling tutorial about ragdoll physics in Blender. It took huge amount of time to have a descent result, learning scripting along the way, to help with repeating tasks, using blue noise particles for plants distribution and animation nodes for randomness.
There are some ideas where I would like this project to go. We’ll see…

By the way, each flower shares the same mesh. The different appearances are due to lattice and mesh cache modifiers.

30 Likes

Ground - real snow and glittering particles.

I’d really appreciate if someone can point out how to make a good flower/petal material.

24 Likes

I featured you on BlenderNation, enjoy :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Oh, this is unexpected. Thank you!

2 Likes

You’re now also on the #featured row :slight_smile:

2 Likes

3D poetry :bouquet:

2 Likes

WOW! I don’t see nature on here very much.(but I can’t live without nature)

1 Like

Wow very beautiful !. I was working on a tulip project myself, I wonder if you can share more about your workflow for modeling the flower and what did you use the ragdoll physics and animation nodes for.

1 Like

I’m planning to share the working file at some point. But it needs some work, as it is pretty messy right now.
Meanwhile…
Here is flower model.

Cloth simulation, baked and used in Mesh Cache modifier.
Animation nodes are used to:

• make instances of flowers (converted particle system messes with rigid body constraints, but I’ve already found the way out)
  • make flower instances random

And ragdoll is my favorite part. It prevents/lessens flowers intersections.

2 Likes

Wow that’s really cool!

1 Like

Wow the ragdoll technique seems amazing! I sure am going to use it in future projects.

Thank you for sharing these information.

1 Like