CrossBow

Hello everyone this is my first post on blender artists. :smiley: I was hopping to get some feed back on my crossbow I have been making, don’t mind negative just tell me what you think about it. :slight_smile:

Here it is in 3 different “camos” woodland, snow and desert. Yes I know the snow texture should be seamless dw. :slight_smile:

Thanks very much Andrew.

Attachments

Hey welcome to Blenderartists! I’m quite new here as well, you’ll have a blast.

Looks very good! Nice to see you’ve tested out three versions. Looks very solid and functional! The only thing I’d have to say is that some parts look a tad to “square” for example where one would hold the crossbow to shoot, it should be rounder so that it’s more ergonomic for the hands.

Great work!

Hey :smiley: Thanks for the reply and yeah I hope so!
And I know exactly what you mean trying to work on that :wink: will have to ahve a better look at some more Xbows online me thinks :stuck_out_tongue:
Thank you :slight_smile:

Ok so what do you think if we remove the hand grip? :stuck_out_tongue:
I know its a cheat way but saves some faces :slight_smile:
Which is what I’m aiming for.
Thanks for the reply btw :slight_smile:

Here is an update spent most of the night changing a few things was mainly aiming to get the faces down from 3000+ and now there is 1624 which I am very happy with. :smiley:
What you guys think?? Old on top new on bottom.

Attachments

UPDATE!
So its been a while since I last uploaded about the crossbow and I have been doing little bits of work on it when i’m not doing assignments. :L
So here is a photo of the update, I have the faces are about 1700 but I don’t mind so much as long as they are under 2000.
As well as the changes to the face count I have worked on the handle, and pistol grip. I prefer them now to how they where.
I Have also done about a second of animation, in which the arrow is being shot.
I have added the second string which holds the bows tension so no need to animate that moving (thank god! :wink: )
I didn’t like the scope so removed it but its just on another layer.
Finally I made a few UV maps with the “brand name” SureShot. Also a little smile face ;D