[CrowdSim3D] Crowd Simulation add-on for Blender 2.79

Hi folks,

There is a new Crowd Simulation add-on available for Blender - CrowdSim3D. With the CrowdSim3D add-on you can create characters and vary their meshes and materials. You can create a crowd and use a formation to place them in your scene. Using behavior trees you can add logic to your crowds. Creating crowds for a stadium or a marching army in Blender has become much easier using the CrowdSim3D add-on.

CrowdSim3D runs on Blender2.79 and supports Cycles materials. We hope to support Blender2.80 and Eevee soon.
A full list of our features and future developments can be found on our website https://www.crowdsim3d.com.

You can also watch our tour video to get an impression:

2 Likes

Hello
I just watch your traffic demo on bcon, and your channel.
This is very cool addon, but price is hard for me. Can you give more discount on bcon time?

1 Like

Thanks to @brothermechanic this thread sprang up again and while the addon looks interesting, it seems to spend a lot of time neglected. Maybe after someone buys the $221 addon they hear from the developer but if I’m going to spend that much for a tool that works with Blender I want to see the dev posting news about progress here quite frequently. I want to see more than half a dozen videos from nearly 8 months ago and then half a year with nothing at all. Then when a new video arrives it is delivered silently without so much as accompanying subtitles.

For over $200 I think the community that would support you deserves more. Look at FLIP Fluids for about $75 where the dev produced 29 in about the same time as CrowdSim3D has been available. Those videos from FLIP represent more than 4 hours of examples, demos, and tutorials and he’s not a native English speaker.

Finally, I can not find anything else the dev has produced and maintained long term to show his commitment to supporting a product. Please prove all of this wrong and that I simply missed the big picture.

2 Likes

Hi,

Thanks for the feedback. You are totally right that we are not able to produce high quality videos on a regular basis. This is because we have spend most of our time in developing features so the add-on has more value. The upcoming year we plan shift our focus to deliver several high quality videos and tutorials.

Have you also checked the stuff that we patched in Blender. We believe that that is the essence of being an OpenSource contributor.

Best regards,
Jeroen

Anyone got this to work with 2.93?

I’m getting the following error on trying to enable the addon:

"Traceback (most recent call last):
File “*\Desktop\blender-2.93.1-windows-x64\2.93\scripts\modules\addon_utils.py”, line 351, in enable
mod = import(module_name)
File “C:\Users
***\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.93\scripts\addons\blender_crowd_init_.py”, line 19, in
import blender_crowd.settings
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named ‘blender_crowd.settings’