CrystalBlend Status

Just a little note about status on CrystalBlend. It has been a bit quiet from my side lately but that’s because I have been busy with other Crystal Space related stuff and also for CrystalBlend Full (integrated version) I was waiting for Blender 2.4 to be released.

For CrystalBlend Lite (the version that is available now) I plan to continue soon. My first task will be to fix it to be 64-bit clean. I now have a 64-bit system and if I don’t fix that then it will be hard for me to proceed. The major issue I’m having on 64-bit is that the code to read .blend files assumes that pointers are 32-bit. Once that is done I can proceed with the further work on it.

For CrystalBlend Full I would like to find developers who can help me setup a first working test-case of an integration of CS with Blender. That means that we need to make a Blender version that allows loading of the Crystal Space dynamic plugins. That would be the basis for the CrystalBlend Full project. I’ll talk to Ton about getting a seperate branch in Blender CVS for this.

Greetings,

:slight_smile: Jorrit: i was at the conference and get very well impressed with your project.

As a non programer user i need to tell that how to use Cristalblend looks very unclear to me.

I was able to load some of my meshes inside your example file and make the realtime shadow work for it. It was really amazing!

Maybe i can help you to make Cristalblend more popular making a tutorial on how to make simple .blend scenes work inside Cristalblend, (walktroug.blend file for example) if you could give me some extra information on how to do it.

The goal of this tutorial could be to teach dumb users like me how to create example files using some of Cristalblend’s cool features.

That sounds like a good idea but maybe it is still a bit early given that CrystalBlend still only supports a rather small subset of what GameBlender supports.

Greetings,

What’s new in this version ? Alpha support height mapping perhaps ?

“That sounds like a good idea but maybe it is still a bit early given that CrystalBlend still only supports a rather small subset of what GameBlender supports.”

I got your point Jorrit!

Have you tested the first version of Planeshift made whith Cristalspace?

I guess there is some people trying to match this kind of interaction here at Elysiun (Saluk + Doogs, Norj + JD Multi).

Maybe if we list features we need to acoplish a “simple” walk around and chat like Planetshift Blue was, we could have a nice start.

By the way a simple walktrough first person, whith mouse to look around realtime shadows and mutitexture could be usefull for everyone for achitecture and level design for shooters.

OR

You can focus on physics (i guess this is your major interest is it right?)
allowing colision tests and “matematical” games.

I’m one of the PS devs. So yes :slight_smile:

I guess there is some people trying to match this kind of interaction here at Elysiun (Saluk + Doogs, Norj + JD Multi).

Maybe if we list features we need to acoplish a “simple” walk around and chat like Planetshift Blue was, we could have a nice start.

That would be very good. That gives me a nice goal to work with.

Greetings,

So, basically, you are trying to match a chatroom 3d whith Blender models. (Dude i think that is great).

You could start an aplication able to load geometry, uvmaping and animations made with Blender, because doing all of this in pure coding is terrible i guess.

We also need to be able to set a certain kind of motion and a certain kind of camera movement (we also need a camera lol :stuck_out_tongue: ) for that models and animations we created. Maybe that seting part (and colision) needs to be done directly inside Cristalblend for stablity reasons.

Finally we need a sistem able to upload all of this creations into a server.

I guess you are going to point me your middle finger for saying this but i need to risk :smiley: :expressionless: : Seams that OGRE is able to import armatures and geometry from Blender (maybe you can talk with the developers).

I was reading OGRE forums and looks like the main problem for noobs like me, is being able to conserve bones orientation. So if your aproach is to build armatures, textures and animations inside Blender rigging needs special atention here.

I hope it helps. :expressionless:

I’d just be happy if there was a mac version :expressionless:

Should be easy to make if you have a Mac.

Greetings,

I would like to see UV effects, such as scrolling, rotating, different layer effects, you know, stuff you would uselly see while playing Gecko for PlayStation or bionical.

Good work! Can’t wait to see another binary release :smiley:

Greetings,[/quote]

where are the sources ?? I can try and build it

Greetings,[/quote]

where are the sources ?? I can try and build it[/quote]

You have to get them from CVS: http://sf.net/projects/crystalblend. You also need Crystal Space (http://sf.net/projects/crystal) and CEL (http://sf.net/projects/cel).

Greetings,