CrystalSpace

can someone explain what Crystal space and CEL is? are they game engines? do they work together? which ones better? etc…

They’re near impossible to get working on Windows. Corrent me if I’m wrong, but I think Crystal Space is a series of libraries used to create games. It isn’t an executable file, you need a compiler to run it.

i use windows and it works fine…

Hi sk8live2008!

you should ask your question here:
http://www.crystalspace3d.org/forum/index.php

you will get valid information.

in a nutshell CEL is a great way to make games, it is an entity layer.
This basically means that someone has made most of the technical stuff easy for us with pre-made tools.

CEL has a lot of features !!!

Be sure to visit us at #crystalspace and #crystalspace-artists on irc.freenode.net for real time help.

They’re near impossible to get working on Windows. Corrent me if I’m wrong, but I think Crystal Space is a series of libraries used to create games. It isn’t an executable file, you need a compiler to run it.

Nah, M8, got it working on Win. While it’s quite a bit easier on LINUX it’s far from impossible on Win. And blender2crystal already has an executable compiled. Only the content is passed, avoiding the need to compile. G’day.

I’ve had no real problem getting it to work on windows though you have to download a good 450 odd MB’s of compiler and Windows SDK before you can think about using crystalspace (assuming you are using VC++) only problem is that alot of the people using crystalspace are using it on *nix systems and can’t help much with VC++ related compiling problems (though that depends what the problem is).

ZVWolf