after proposing pictures in the topic “Screenshot Extra Extra!”
I therefore propose a topic regarding my software under development, codenamed Claris Symphonia.
I worked alone on it, about more than a year and a half. I learned 3d with this project, and my first model was my character, because I was told that if I could make a character properly, I would be able to make less complex objects faster.
I found the logic brick system very accessible in order to create cause and effect quickly , it reminded me a 2d creation software “the Game Factory” which I tested some concepts such as synestiesia interaction, but I have not finished games, because my project is not provided for 2d.
Getting back to my software, I would classify it in category “synestesia adventure”, I grant you adventure is vagueness but I do not want too many constraints in terms of gameplay research.
I can’t tell when my project will be completed, I learn blender with it and certain things were long enough to put in place and others will surely again.
My software is divided into one blend per level.
All the scenes offer:
- A choice of internal camera, shoulder camera with five zoom levels, and kinematic camera .
- A character control by keyboard (azerty) and 360 controller.
- An interaction system based on point & click.
- Two rotation modes for the character, with the mouse or A and E on the keyboard, also with the right stick or the left stick on the 360 controller.
The scene “menu” offers:
- “commencer”, goes to the scene “habitat” without loading the save.
- “continuer” going to the scene “Habitat” by loading the save.
- “controle”, can learn and test the character with the keyboard.
- “retour”, leaving the software.
The scenes “habitat” and “couloir” offer :
- day / night cycle
- Statistics alimentation, endurance and hydratation decreases more or less following the effort of player character and alter the display.
- An inventory to see the level of statistics and equip or store an item.
- dress change depending on the day / night cycle.
The scene “habitat” offer :
- Items to be recovered, a lamp, a sword, a can, a capsule container and a dreamcast controller.
- A bed to sleep and recover endurance.
- A sink to fill the can or to wash hands to slowly recover hydratation.
- An “oven” to fill the capsule container .
- A shower that could recover hydratation.
- A switch light on/off.
- A seat.
- A door leading to the scene “couloir”.
The scene “couloir” offers :
- A door leading to the scene “habitat”.
- Three animated lights depending on the character’s position in relation to empty.
- A small robot with an obstacle detecting system.
Here’s what I’m working on right now:
- Logic problem with a 360 joystick controller and his rotation mode 1, when joystick is nearly full the character run, and when forward is full the character walks but he should run.
- Replace the logic of the mouse cursor by a virtual cursor which can move with the 360 controller.
Here’s what I must do next :
- Reduced the power of some too powerful lamps.
- Revision of inventory, item and statistics logic.
- Revision of the audio system and 3d sound.
- transform change clothing into item clothing
- add the possibility to punch and kick.
- add the possibility to cling edge.
- Integration of clues about the scenario.
Finally after this long speech, here are links to videos, french subjects, and some pictures (click on it for larger).
I haven’t translated my keyboard and 360 controller plan yet but I make and post it soon.
You can see the evolution of my work in the video called " cs-evolution " that shows a scrolling of a large number of pictures, I will not offer all of my pictures directly here because I have more than four hundred of it and even if I make a selection there would have too much!
So I think offer the following pictures here but not those present in this video (you can see some of it on my french subjects), I hope you understand.